[monzo.me] Monzo.me frame is too small

The company I work for is paying me back for buying the office milk and tea bags and when doing this, my boss had the following issues:

1. The postcode box is slightly off to the side
  2. The 3D secure wrapper is about a quarter of the height it needs to be, so have to scroll the iframe loads to press the send code to phone, etc
  3. Natwest treated it as fraud and blocked their card (my sister said that Halifax also treats it as fraud every time they try to pay me back through it). :woman_shrugging:

While number 3 is out of your control, 1 and particularly 2 could do with being sorted.

1 Like

They must be ropey tea bags if they’re taking that attitude. Tell them to buy their own…? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I should clarify: we take it in turns in the office to buy the milk and tea and we get paid back by the company.

EDIT: Oh, and I’ve only been here a couple of months, so this is my first time doing it, thus why the issue hadn’t come up before.

2 Likes

Couldn’t your boss just pay you back the same way they pay everyone else, or is Monzo.me the only option?

Because i’m the first person who asked for “not cash”

4 Likes

Totally off topic too but your boss should just buy them himself instead of all this messing about. He could actually save money buying in bulk and claiming his VAT back etc :laughing:

1 Like

Since we’re ignoring the whole point of the thread because I gave too much information to begin with:

1. My “boss” is just my manager and the highest level of the little team of 5 up North. The owners of the company are down South and show up maybe once a month, if that.
  2. We all take it in turns to buy the stuff (manager included, but not directors cos they’re down south).
  3. I hand in the receipt cos that gets sent down south for the VAT part presumably.
  4. Everyone takes cash but I gave a Monzo.me link because it’s more useful immediately paid straight in and it’s easier than messing with bank details.

If we could try and ignore my volunteering too much information, does anyone else have issues like I mentioned when paying using monzo.me

1 Like

Fair enough. Yes, I had issues some time ago. They were bad enough for me to stop using it because it simply wasn’t worth the hassle. Looks like it’s no better now; thanks for the info. :+1:

2 Likes

Good to know. I’ve used it on desktop a few times and it’s been fine. I guess I should just send the link over email instead of IM from now on…

I use privacy badger on desktop Firefox and that stops it working for me. Haven’t logged it as an issue elsewhere as I’m not sure it’s a normal enough use case.

I wish monzo.me would get some love, I fear it’s going to go the way of free withdrawals and debit card top up soon.

2 Likes

I’ve had privacybadger cause issues with 3D Secure before with other banks, so that may be it, but if there’s cookies from monzo.com in addition to monzo.me it might block monzo.com cookies as tracking you between different domains.

1 Like

Huh. I can’t change the title of this topic, but it seems it’s an issue across platforms now as an iPhone 6 with the latest iOS using Safari with no content blockers has the same issue where the 3D Secure frame is tiny, meaning my dad thought the payment was successful (because that’s what 3D Secure said) but had to scroll this tiny frame to see the “Exit” button to actually finish the whole process.

Did literally anybody at Monzo do device browser testing with this?

1 Like

I guess you’ve managed to do this because it’s now the longest title ever? :smiley: :wink:

1 Like

Not me. I dunno who did it…

EDIT: I honestly would’ve removed the device details as I’m pretty sure it’s a wide issue at this point.

I’ve removed the device info bit for you mate. I think you need to be trust level 3 to edit titles :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you

No worries :+1: I think you can click the orange ‘edit pencil’ in the first post to see all the changes that have been done and by whom if you’re curious :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yep. Got edited again to change “tiny” to “too small” lol

1 Like

Well, the other day some friends needed to pay me back and I tried to use my phone to take some monzo.me payments. The 3D Secure frame being way too small is still a problem, and that’s on an iPhone X. I had to swap to my laptop so i could have a large window and see the entire 3D Secure prompt. It’s clearly iOS as a whole, not just small phones, that have the problem. Android phones may also have this (I believe the original start of the thread was with a Samsung phone, but I don’t have one to test with).

1 Like