Monzo.me limit

I didn’t realize monzo.me was limited to £100 deposits. Is this always going to be the case?

It costs Monzo a percentage per monzo.me transaction, so I don’t think they’ll be letting you use it for anything bigger.

5 Likes

Hi,
I think it would be a great idea if Monzo could possibly work towards having a higher request amount on Monzo.me
At the moment the maximum is £100, but I feel if we could request up to £500 or even £1000 it would really help and speed up the request process. If you need a higher amount, you have to do the traditional Sort code and account number which takes ages to set up a new payee, but thankfully monzo.me is a great solution to that.

2 Likes

As the reply above suggests, I don’t personally see this limit being increased for reasons of cost.

2 Likes

Would a QR code with your account details maybe help

This could be a great idea. I think this would work well to help set up Payee’s

Hi,

It’s a slight annoyance, but you can do repeated monzo.me payments… I’ve had someone send me a few hundred this way.

I tend to either pay larger amounts to my starling account, then transfer over - or transfer direct into monzo if I can.

I concur on making the amounts larger. I’ve wanted to use this feature a few times but each time has been for amounts over £100 so I couldn’t.

I used Monzo.me for the first time this week to receive payments for services.
I was a little disappointed to see there is a limit set on these payments.

What are the charges Monzo incur for these transactions and why?
Is there any way of making the process cheaper now that Monzo is growing larger and larger by the day?
It’s a great alternative to Paypal and is a great feature to have on MyNextbase a plus account but I wish it was more flexible.

I don’t know what the charges are in £s but, like they do with any other business, the card companies charge Monzo percenage for the honour of being able to accept their cards.

As far as I know, Monzo.me uses the same process as when you were able to top up your account by card, which cost them a fortune, which is why they removed it. I think Monzo.me is one of the best features, so I do hope they don’t remove that too. In fact, I thought they used Stripe…you’d think they’d be keen to do a deal! If they could make it cheaper, I think they should market it more.

1 Like

For the record it costs around 2% per card transaction for the merchant. Monzo has probably a better rate, but it’s still a lot.

Limiting the monzo.me amount is just an incentive to use it only for repaying someone, and not topping up the account.

This strategy is often called “greylisting”. You don’t block something but you degrade the experience so people use another way naturally.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.