Monzo.me - Credit Card Cash Advance or Payment?

If you wanted to withdraw funds from your credit card, could you make a payment to yourself via your own Monzo.me link to avoid the credit card providers cash advance fees/rates? Have they caught onto this?

Probably. Iā€™d assume that this is why there is a limit :slight_smile:

The limit is because it costs Monzo money - also the reason why debit card topups were stopped.

The limit could be there for both reasons? :man_shrugging:

For obvious reasons theyā€™d never mention or allude that you can avoid credit card fees by using monzo.me :slight_smile:

Oh of course, I was more looking for other peoples experiences. I wouldnā€™t dream of an employee to say you can get around things by x, y and z :slight_smile:

The last I heard, you canā€™t use a credit card to pay with Monzo.me, it acceptā€™s debit cards only. It would make a great loophole otherwise though!

3 Likes

My understanding was also ā€˜debit card onlyā€™ although Iā€™ve never tried topersonally prove the rule.

2 Likes

I just did a test and can confirm Itā€™s debit cards only!

Iā€™d like to see the possibility for credit cards to be usedā€¦ but with a fee attached maybe? Itā€™s a great way for people to pay you, maybe you sold an item?

It be way down on the list of ā€˜things to doā€™ as you can just use paypal, or just do a BACS.

You canā€™t pay directly with a credit card.

You can pay monzo.me, Starling settle up, dozens topups, even Loot topups, with a Curve card, but Curve now passes the MCC through, so itā€™s up to your credit card to decide whether to treat it as a cash advance - some do, some donā€™t. It seems that Tesco and Natwest, for example, treat it as cash.

You can top up Revolut with a credit card, but there are reports of Revolut then querying transfers of funds, so it may not be very reliable.

1 Like

Can confirm. Used 3 different credit cards through Curve to top up Monzo and they all went through!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.