Monzo.me + Apple Pay

Has Monzo ever reintroduced Apple Pay for monzo.me?

Hi,

Customer Service are looking into this, but I just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue.

I’ve used monzo.me with several family and friends to test that they can pay me using Apple Pay. For a few it works, however, there are a few where it does not give the Apple Pay option even though they have this set up. The only option is to enter card details manually :confused:

They might have disabled Apple Pay detection on the web for privacy reasons; you can go into Settings -> Safari and make sure “Allow websites to check for Apple Pay” is turned on, then try again.

2 Likes

It is important to remember that Apple Pay on the web only works in the Safari browser on iOS, make sure they’ve opened the link in the full Safari app, rather than any kind of in-app web view or preview. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for both of your replies. Apple Pay is definitely enabled to detect on the web. When I sent the monzo.me link I’ve sent by iMessage, so once it’s clicked it will open in Safari.

Do they only have a credit card in Apple Pay? Monzo will only show debit cards registered in Apple Pay and not credit cards.

2 Likes

Hi,

No each person has only had a debit card.

I have an ongoing chat with Customer Support about this also. A number of people I have requested money from via Monzo.me have run into issues with payments via Apple Pay. Many of them just see a blank white screen after payment, but for some it says payment has been successful but it never reaches my Monzo account (or leaves their account).

I rely on these quick payments quite a lot for splitting meal costs, etc. (I used to use the “Pay your contacts” thing in the NatWest app) but people have started to refuse paying me via Monzo.me because they never know what they’re going to get.

Fingers crossed it gets resolved quickly.

This also happened to me trying a test payment with monzo.me using my Starling debit card. When I choose the Apple Pay option, it made the confirmation sound and then just went to a screen with the spinning timer and the money never went to my account. I then tried it by entering the long card number which worked. I hope they fix it soon, so much esier for anyone who can use Apple Pay.

Quick update: I think this has been escalated now as it is a known bug, but I’m not sure it will be fixed before the New Year as the engineers are taking a well deserved break :hammer_and_wrench:️:zzz::sleeping:

3 Likes

Everyone deserves a break. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

2 Likes

Any updates here?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.