Monzo Labs: Shared Tabs πŸ“‘

I’m a little confused about the difference between the above image and shared tabs :confused:

Bill Splitting is for one transaction between multiple people.

Shared tabs is for multiple transactions from multiple people.

Makes sense, thanks!

(connorianreilly) #130

Ability to unevenly split a tab transaction and add a transaction to a tab from the transaction details screen. :eyes:

Edit: added to testflight …

(Sean) #131

The ability to add to tabs from transactions is excellent! :partying_face:

(James Walker) #132

The ability to add non Monzo transactions would be amazing.

(Nathan) #133

This x100

Be a big step for me of having monzo not just as a banking app but a key money management tool.

Having trouble here… just activated it to try it out with a restaurant bill etc, but it isn’t working for me. Presented with the following broken link:

(Martin Hickman) #135

I personally find it annoying that when the other person pays it just shows that they paid a lump sum rather than it showing they paid for the individual items like when you split a bill. The rest is a great idea but needs to be more joined up.

(Paul) #137

I’ve yet to settle a tab, but was wondering if the money paid back into my account would then adjust the Summary spending to compensate?

(Jack) #138

Nice addition would be the option to add a transaction to a tab via 3D touching the notification. Similar to the way you can flag as expenses.

(Jack) #140

I also love it, but it seems they certainly are. It’s been replaced with haptic touch on the XR which is basically a long press rather than a harder press.

(Charlie) #141

Yes but they are replacing it with haptic touch which is just holding down longer rather than pressing down harder. So the menu would still be a thing😊

I agree with this completely

(Jack) #143

Yes this, I was a bit like oh… when it came through as it did. Although it does have a link under each transactions to the settled tab.

I did notice that but it would be nice if it could work the same way split a bill does

(Peter Unitt) #145

Would be great if you could have the option to keep a tab open indefinitely. I have friends who often grab a bill one day and then I’ll pay for something the day after but it’s almost an ongoing arrangement and less of a one off situation. Being able to pay the balance occasionally would be great but then keep it open so you can add things again.

(Adam Kendrew) #146

I think they mentioned they would allow this in future updates. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Richard Cook) #147

Shared Tabs is now live! Please continue giving us your feedback here:

(Richard Cook) closed #148