Monzo in the media

Monzo annual report due any day, could be an interesting one :smile:

2 Likes

Can confirm Lloyds are have been doing notifications for a few months now. They’ve been testing since beginning of this year and gradually made it work for every transaction.

1 Like

be more interesting next year :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, but this one won’t have any impact from COVID, so will that can’t be a reason for any less than expected numbers

1 Like

do people not proof read anymore

• And it’s worth nothing that Monzo is already in the process of developing further features for its business customers following feedback from early adopters, including the option to manage more than one business, make batch payments and to send and receive money abroad.

:slight_smile:
joking aside its good to see business accounts starting to be pushed by Monzo

2 Likes

Nope. Spell chuck doesn’t pick it up because it’s still a word, so it goes unnoticed.

3 Likes

Proofreading is noth important these days.

3 Likes

When Blomfield and Boden later parted ways, she says he took 11 Starling employees out of 12 with him to start Monzo, and Passion Capital invested.

:open_mouth: :popcorn:

6 Likes

Is she counting herself in that? So she was the only one left?

Obviously if a new business forms from an existing, there will be people that jump ship for whatever reason, but 11 out of 12 is very high!

1 Like

I seem to remember hearing that “Bank Eleven” was actually bandied about as a possible early name :joy:

12 Likes

They didn’t part ways. Tom was apparently fired.

1 Like

I’d like to hear more about this. I’ve only ever heard he left.

Was it more a

“I’m quitting to start my own company?”

“You can’t quit because I’m firing you!”

“lols”

Tom skips away with a significant number of staff.

2 Likes

Monzo mentioned in a Financial Times article about Wirecard.

https://www.ft.com/content/7c466351-02fe-4d66-85a1-53d012de7445

1 Like

Seeing as we are not meant to share chunks from newspapers, four main points, in my own words, related to Monzo from my reading of it:

• Figures are from 2017
  • Wirecard generated almost all their income in 2017 from several dozen of their supposed hundreds of thousands of customers
  • Monzo was one of that income generating group
  • Monzo is no longer using Wirecard (again the data was from 2017, back in prepaid days)
2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Termination of appointment of Tom Blomfield as a Director

MSE have reported on Plus

1 Like

And this is the takeaway for me:

Overall, unless you’re desperate for virtual cards and custom budgeting categories or are a die-hard Monzo fan wanting a holographic card, it’s not worth getting Monzo Plus for now.

13 Likes

Yeah I was pretty much of the same conclusion to be fair

Agreed, although there is some value in having everything combined in one app, effectively a convenience/simplicity fee.

3 Likes