Monzo in Sheffield

Hi new here and wondering how many Monzo members are there in Sheffield , Sth Yorks ?

2 Likes

Not Sheffield but Iā€™m from Rotherham

1 Like

Nice 1 , how you finding Monzo then ? Presently I am on the waiting list for their Current Account !

Hey Iā€™m in Sheffield :slight_smile:ļø I know a couple of other Sheffielders using Monzo but donā€™t think theyā€™re on the forum. Not seen any other hot coral cards about in the ā€˜wildā€™ though so maybe weā€™re a small and select few at the moment!

1 Like

Iā€™m a Sheffielder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi how you finding Monzo then ? Presently I am on the wait list for the current account !

Hi how are you ? Is Monzo meeting your needs etc ? Presently I am on the wait list for the current account

Yeah really pleased so far :slight_smile:ļø got the pre-paid in March, preview in September and migrated to the full CA 2 weeks ago. Using it as my main account, keeping my legacy bank (HSBC) open with a bit of money as bank up, but got direct debts /standing orders going out of Monzo and had no problems. Finding features like instant transactions, notifications, categories and spending report really useful for keeping better track of my money and the app is so much easier to use for payments etc than HSBC. Looking forward to new features like pots and targets (Iā€™m on android so donā€™t have that yet) coming soon and these developments should start to speed up once the CA is rolled out :nerd_face: hope that helps!

Where abouts are you in the queue? It sounds like theyā€™ll start being able to start getting new accounts out in a few weeks time :hugs:

2 Likes

Not in Sheffield, but in Brighouse. Got my prepaid in May, and upgraded to c in September, not had any problems, even in Bruges everythingā€™s working perfectly

1 Like

Sounds beneficial then, when I tap on the app icon on my handset it tells me 3000+ behind me and 0 in front ! So fingers fingers crossed shouldnā€™t be too long. Good idea having your back up in place , most likely do that with my Virgin Money account !

Brighouse thatā€™s famous for Ice Cream isnā€™t it or am I thinking of somewhere else ?

Brandy snaps are still made here

1 Like

Barnsley here but I work in Sheffield. Got a few colleagues using monzo, they started me on it. Had the opportunity to upgrade to the Current Account today - excited to get started!

1 Like

Yeah fingers crossed wonā€™t be too long! definitely beneficial Iā€™d say, first version of pots coming in a few days as well, so will be there when you get an account :slight_smile:ļø

Same here, used it in Brussels a few weeks ago and no problems at all. Hope you enjoyed Bruges :slight_smile:ļø would have liked to visit but ended up going to Leuven instead, did really like Leuven though

Iā€™ve been using Monzo for about 6 months now, and the CA since August. Iā€™ve not had any problems (other than Costcoā€™s inability to update their BIN tables and therefore I cannot use my card there!).

Loved Bruges so much weā€™re going back in 2 weeks lol

Sounds great :joy: enjoy!

1 Like

Iā€™ve just switched all my direct debits and wage over, just a nervous wait now till the end of the month to see if my wage goes into monzo :joy:

2 Likes

Nice ! The power of colleagues :slight_smile: