Monzo & IFTTT - Share your creations here!

That is for the second sim. I have an EE esim for personal calls and a Vodafone work sim for work calls.

This was introduced from Xs last year and allowed me to finally ditch the work blackberry :ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes

Is it possible to create an applet that only moves money to a pot, if I do more than 0 steps but less than 10,000? So I’m only being punished when I actually wear my Fitbit but don’t meet my steps target.

Not sure if this is too many variables for IFTTT?

I don’t have a Fitbit but there is a similar recipe here so… maybe?

Have a play around with IFTTT and see?

Hey everyone

Can anyone help me create an applet or point to one thats already been created.

Ill be honest i dont have any knowledge of programming or coding but i have a good understanding of computers and everything in that department.

What im trying to do is create an applet that runs everyday say at 1am that looks to see if my balance is a whole pound if its say 19.50 the 50p gets sent to a pot called spare change.
Anyone got any ideas ?

Mildly off topic - but I’ve been thinking about upgrading to a phone with dual sims for that purpose.

Does it allow you to select which sim is your main one, and do you get different notifications for calls etc from Sim 2?

You can’t get your balance through IFTTT :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes you can set one as primary. But then for calls and messages you can set up per contact.

And when calls come through (currently broken on iOS 13) it lets you know which line the call is coming in on.

Notifications are at the phone level not the sim level. So you can only have one what’s app account for example.

2 Likes

I’ve created on that when I log my run distance it’s moves it to a savings pot! (Some self control is required) Shame they removed iOS health kit integration or else this would be a lot easier :joy:

2 Likes

is it possible to take money out of a pot based on tags added ? i think this would be useful for catagories such as groceries as when i go to asda i could be doing my weekly shop or i could get betting lunch it would give it a sub catagory ffeature in a way.

Not sure about tags but you can do merchants. So if card payment is in Asda withdraw the amount from your groceries pot :slight_smile:

i did take a look at that but as i have two seperate budgets, one for lunch at work and another for my weekly shop it is hard to seperate them via a budget as they will both come under the same catagory

Would you mind sharing how you did this?

So I set up a number of Monzo requests based on a webhook maker event. Then set up the webhook event /payday/. Then set up the Apple shortcuts widget to call the webhook. Does all that make sense?

7 Likes

Ohhhh clever!

Although that know means I’m gonna lose the morning trying this stuff out… !

1 Like

So, I’m trying to set up a trigger for whenever my team (Hull City) score a goal it will move £5 into a pot that will be used to buy tickets for matches.
I’m not sure if there is a better way to do this, if there is can someone tell me. But it looks like the best way is to have it through Twitter, using the “New tweet from search” button and using advanced search features to find the tweets, eg, having the search term as “From:HullCity goal for Hull City” but the problem with that is they vary how to tweet about it, sometimes it’s “Goal for Hull City” sometimes “Goal!!!” sometimes vastly different.
Is there any way maybe I could get the goals to trigger to a Google Sheet’s outside of IFTTT and then use IFTTT to use the Google Sheets to trigger Monzo?

I hope at least some of that makes sense. :joy:

Hopefully you’re not taking £5 out every time they concede because you’ll end up owing that pot thousands.

6 Likes

God no! I’ll be declaring bankruptcy by Christmas!

1 Like

Thank you. This looks well above my capabilities, so I’ll leave this one be :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe use an API like this one
https://www.api-football.com/pricing

1 Like

I had a look at that, my head now hurts. I don’t understand any of it! :joy:

1 Like