Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

:eyes:

Exciting times :tada: It feels like forever since there was a good meaty update that I can really use. All the international transfer stuff is amazing but I don’t send money abroad.

7 Likes

Interesting.

No change to plus on iOS here!

4 Likes

My app has same bottom bar swap ↔ :grin:

1 Like

Nice change, but I don’t ever send money abroad, if I do for like donations and things I use PayPal

Maybe Monzo can incorporate so if you top up via bank (with Monzo) it doesn’t take 3-5 days

1 Like

I wonder if this will lead to Monzo being able to track monzo.me links and mark them as “paid” when they have been.

2 Likes

Or might be for Business Pro accounts

That definitely looks like the start point, but perhaps it will trickle down into current accounts.

1 Like

I’m not really sure why anyone would need invoicing on a personal account as consumers don’t invoice whereas sole traders do. It’s easier for a sole trader to have a separate account for book keeping and there’s a few free options for a biz account

Not invoicing, just the ability to track monzo.me links from Bill Splits

2 Likes

:rotating_light:

5 Likes

Sorry I’ve had my coffee now, so here goes :coffee:

Version 3.92.0 (61.24 MB) :tada::tada::tada: - Nothing big to tell you about just yet. All the work we’ve been doing has been happening behind closed doors, gearing up for launches coming soon.

New Strings:

<string name="account_selection_appbar_title">Select accounts</string>
<string name="account_selection_done">Done</string>

<string name="address_confirm_postcode_button">Next</string>

<string name="address_not_in_this_list">My home address isn’t on this list</string>

<string name="mdes_provisioning_title">Start using Monzo today</string>

<string name="signup_fund_help_add_money_from_outside_uk">Add money from a non UK account</string>
<string name="signup_fund_help_chat">Chat with us</string>
<string name="signup_fund_help_dont_want_plus">I don’t want Monzo Plus</string>
<string name="signup_fund_help_dont_want_premium">I don’t want Monzo Premium</string>
<string name="signup_fund_help_title">How can we help you?</string>

Removed Strings:

<string name="address_confirm_postcode_button">Confirm postcode</string>

<string name="address_not_in_this_list">My address isn’t on this list</string>

<string name="sdm_provisioning_body">Add your Monzo card to Google Pay to use it immediately. Your physical card will be with you in a few days.</string>
<string name="sdm_provisioning_skip">Skip for now</string>
<string name="sdm_provisioning_title">Start using Monzo today</string>

New IDs

<item type="id" name="request_code_account_selection" />
<item type="id" name="request_code_period_picker" />

Removed IDs:

None

New Assets:

None

Changed Assets:

None

Deleted Assets:

None
3 Likes

That should sort a few grumbles out when it goes live.

3 Likes
<string name="sdm_provisioning_body">Add your Monzo card to Google Pay to use it immediately. Your physical card will be with you in a few days.</string>
<string name="sdm_provisioning_skip">Skip for now</string>
<string name="sdm_provisioning_title">Start using Monzo today</string>

No more adding your card to Google Pay before it arrives. Guess it caused too many headaches for CS :thinking:

1 Like

I suspect they just renamed it to MDES, which is the official name of the MasterCard implementation

7 Likes

Ohh possibly!

I am gonna start getting very antsy for new stuff if the release notes keep referencing big announcements :mask:

12 Likes

I feel like they’ve been hinting at big updates/announcements/features for ages now. My expectations are low - I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

5 Likes

They’re clearly finding ways to trial stuff that bypasses the teardowns now :laughing:.

1 Like

TIL, ty

Only 7 incremental releases to go before the big four-oh

It’ll be massive :boom:

2 Likes