Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

Not necessarily, there’s nothing to stop them going from 3.99.0 to 3.100.0, 3.101.0, etc.

8 Likes

There are possible maintenance releases too (3.9x.y), but let’s not kill the dream.

1 Like

:rotating_light: 3.92.1 :rotating_light:

A maintenance release just dropped for :android:… hopefully to fix the online authorisation issue currently being experienced.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention that I checked the above maintenance release :point_up: There’s nothing in it as usual :pensive:

Todays the day for a new “proper” one though! :tada:

6 Likes

:rotating_light: Now’s the day - 3.93.0 :rotating_light:

3 Likes

I downloaded it earlier, then looked at the playstore and it still has the 3.92.1 listed as the most recent :confused:

That’s weird, I’m definitely running 3.93.0 now and looking at the PlayStore details shows version 3.93.0

I’m signed up as a beta tester for the app in the Play Store - are you? This may explain a delay if you’re not a beta tester.

1 Like

I’m a beta user and my app is on 3.93.0

Just the page on the playstore hasn’t updated for me so I can’t see what the new update message is.

1 Like

Ah, I see. I’m looking at the Play Store mobile app info, not the web access:

If I check the web, it does indeed say 3.92.1 :man_shrugging: Even Google has platform parity issues :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Hahah I see the same on my mobile too. Odd, but I’ll do a breakdown shortly regardless :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 3.93.0 (61.09 MB) :tada::tada::tada: - Nothing to share this week, folks. We’ve been tinkering with lots of little things, ready for some big things coming soon.

New Strings:

<string name="category_default_income">Arrow pointing left</string>

<string name="invoice_business_details_default_payment">Default payment</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_easier_payments">Easier payments</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_easier_payments_account_title">Manual bank transfer</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_easier_payments_footer">Easy bank transfers are free until 2023</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_footer">Your details will be shown on the invoice. If you’re VAT registered, make sure your invoice is compliant with the relevant regulation</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_payment_link_plus_more">+ more</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_payment_link_subtitle">Turn on easy bank transfers customers can make from their bank’s app or website.</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_payment_link_title">Include payment link</string>

<string name="invoice_business_details_title">Invoice options</string>

<string name="negative_balance_add_money_title">Add money</string>
<string name="negative_balance_thanks_subtitle">Your money will be in your account in just a few seconds</string>

<string name="signup_account_selection_warning_joint_business">To sign up for a business or joint account, you’ll also need to open a personal account.</string>
<string name="signup_account_selection_warning_joint_only">To sign up for a joint account, you’ll also need to open a personal account.</string>

<string name="summary_show_less_action">Less</string>

<string name="transaction_details_fetch_error_fallback">We couldn’t load this transaction, it might have been deleted.</string>

<string name="transaction_international_bank_transfer_fee">Fast and easy fee</string>

Removed Strings:

<string name="business_signup_title">Business Account Signup</string>

<string name="day_of_month_picker_state_description">%s day of month</string>
<string name="day_of_month_picker_state_description_selected">%s day of month selected</string>

<string name="invoice_business_details_title">Check your details</string>

<string name="signup_account_selection_subtitle">To sign up for a business or joint account, you’ll also need to open a personal account.</string>

<string name="transaction_international_bank_transfer_fee">Wise fast and easy fee</string>

New IDs

<item type="id" name="invoiceSwitchImageGroup" />
<item type="id" name="invoiceSwitchImageTextView" />
<item type="id" name="invoiceSwitchImageView" />
<item type="id" name="invoiceSwitchView" />
<item type="id" name="itemDetailsSupplementaryBottomAnchor" />
<item type="id" name="itemDetailsSupplementaryBottomRightImageBorder" />
<item type="id" name="itemDetailsSupplementaryBottomRightImageView" />
<item type="id" name="itemDetailsSupplementaryTopRightImageView" />

<item type="id" name="storyButtons" />
<item type="id" name="storyLeftTouchArea" />
<item type="id" name="storyLoadingView" />
<item type="id" name="storyProgressBar" />
<item type="id" name="storyRightTouchArea" />
<item type="id" name="storyToolbar" />
<item type="id" name="storyTopBar" />
<item type="id" name="storyVideo" />

Removed IDs:

<item type="id" name="addressBodyText" />
<item type="id" name="addressNotInListButton" />
<item type="id" name="addressPickerDividerBottom" />
<item type="id" name="addressPickerDividerTop" />
<item type="id" name="addressPickerLabelText" />
<item type="id" name="addressPickerLayout" />
<item type="id" name="addressPrimaryButton" />
<item type="id" name="addressRecyclerView" />
<item type="id" name="addressResidenceEditText" />
<item type="id" name="addressResidenceInputLayout" />
<item type="id" name="addressScrollView" />
<item type="id" name="addressTitleText" />

<item type="id" name="deleteAttachmentProgressbar" />
<item type="id" name="deliveryOutsideUkButton" />

<item type="id" name="itemDetailsSupplementaryImageView" />

<item type="id" name="zoomableImageview" />

New Assets:

ICN Category Income (it’s a white left pointing arrow)

icn_category_income

Changed Assets:

None

Deleted Assets:

None
3 Likes

Assuming this is indeed true and imminent… what are we placing our bets on?

I’m scared to say. It has been a similar message for several weeks now so the hype is building.

I hope it doesn’t fall short of my expectations :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve decided it’s custom emojis

Then I can’t be disappointed if it doesn’t live up to the hype

3 Likes

Few bits to coincide with the annual report release (maybe - it seems to be overdue)?

Perhaps:

• Dark mode
  • Connect virtual card to pot

Nothing more, I imagine.

2 Likes

Big :drum: roll for Credit Pots

1 Like

This is really the most underwhelming feature ever.

Not credit card?

1 Like

“Credit Card”?

So pre-2021…

Credit Pot - where you can spend on your regular Monzo Personal or [cough] Joint account as normal and then choose to assign any spend to a credit pot, which has a pre-determined level of credit available with flexible repayment/APR terms. The more you pay back, the less the interest charged - but not on the usual monthly cycle like normal credit cards - over the long term, like the Monzo Loan repayment structure.

Genius.

3 Likes

I hope they do interest free for first 14/30 days but otherwise it sounds good

Dark Mode CARD - switch the app to dark mode and it automatically bills you £5 and sends you a charcoal card (metal is so 2020) with hot coral print

2 Likes