Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives šŸ‘Øā€šŸ’»

Iā€™ve tried disabling ā€˜Repeating paymentā€™ on an existing, erm, repeating payment and then enabling it again - still no option to assign it to a (bills) pot - on :android:

1 Like

Are you sure? They havenā€™t built this functionality.

Do you have roundup enabled? That would account for a pot appearing against the transaction

1 Like

Ah didnā€™t click to actually pay from the pot, saw it in the list with direct debits and assumed it would go

1 Like

Ah! I see what you did. I agree thatā€™s a little confusing! :eyes:

1 Like

:eyes:

Isnā€™t it? :wink:

2 Likes

You tease.

2 Likes

Not for me so far as I can tell :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Same. I canā€™t find anything different at all :thinking:

1 Like

No deep link access from here either :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

The deeplink on its own wonā€™t open anything :speak_no_evil:

Weā€™ll reveal way more soon :grin: but Iā€™ll leave you with this :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Is it triggered when your salary is received?

1 Like

Oh, come onā€¦

2 Likes

Based on

ā€˜ā€œYouā€™ve spent money since this payment arrived, so you can only sort whatā€™s left in your main account balance.ā€ā€™

Iā€™d say not, probably an actual button

1 Like

Sounds like a button for (regular) incoming transactions that lets you automatically assign proportions of it to different things.

5 Likes

So itā€™s not the SO from bill pots then?

Nope thatā€™s already live.

Itā€™s whatever this Salary Sorter does!

5 Likes

Marcus joins the other side and forgets what itā€™s like to wait : (

7 Likes

@nexusmaniac used to be one of us, dying to know the hidden features in every APKā€¦ Now he is corporate hoarding all the secrets to himself! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

8 Likes

Right, so we need to include some extra data in the intentā€¦ a transaction ID, Iā€™d imagine?

1 Like

I dunno, ā€œWeā€™ll remember this sort next time this payment comes in.ā€ sounds like it will happen as soon as the payment arrives.

Typical, Iā€™ve spent time this week working with the API to automate thisā€¦ oh well