Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #795

The source code is the only way to view this I’m afraid :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::innocent: it was unintended but I decided to leave it hehe :grin:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #796

I believe that’s been the case for a long while :blush: there are members of the forum who do have a flux / monzo integration already (via the Flux app iirc)

Oooo, I’d love it if the Monzo app became more like Google’s new material theming rollout.

(Daniel Knight) #798

The warning about Joint Account’s can’t be switched has gone so I wonder if this means it’s ready to go live. I’m not going to test mine just yet either but will later in the month.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #799

Based on the wording I’ve seen buried inside the app, I’d hazard a guess as to it being in a near ready state :smiley:

I’ve no doubt some people will give it a go, even before these changes people have had some success :smile: But waiting until an official announcement on something like this would certainly be the sensible play :sunglasses:

If you do happen to test it, be sure to shout if it works :tada:

What I’d really like to see is a way of moving your DDs and salary from single to joint, within Monzo.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #801

So like a custom ‘internal CASS’ without closing the single account? :slight_smile:

I think that’s a wicked idea! :smiley: One that would save a lot of time doing it manually :yum: (well, it depends on how many DD’s you’ve got setup I suppose :joy:)

It’s not just the time - it’s the risk. I realise it may not come under the CASS guarantee, but at least automating it would make it easier and hopefully less likely to go wrong. I did once ask @simonb how to do it and he said it wasn’t currently possible, so hopefully it’s on a list somewhere!

(Johnny Ellwood) #803

Has another update just dropped? @nexusmaniac 2.29.1?

Certainly looks like it. Fixing minor issues / bug from yesterday’s I imagine.

(David Walton) #805

Seems like it - wow, we’re now on daily beta updates? :sunglasses:

Minor version update so nothing big.

Our in-house coral detective will confirm in due course :wink: :male_detective: :monzo: @nexusmaniac

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #807

Yep :grin: 2.29.1 is here :yum:
I wasn’t on the lookout for it today :joy:

@Peter_G is correct :sunglasses: minor bug fixed! Looks like the upcoming integration was a bit wonky so the Android team have patched it up :ok_hand:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #808

Happy Thursday! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And what better way to spend it than having a nosy at what Monzo have done in version 2.30.0 :sunglasses:

Changelog:

Immediately noticeable changes :eyes:

Investor card on the account page :blush:

New Labs Flag for Android :smiley:

Shared Tabs has its own tab :stuck_out_tongue:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #809

There’s nothing better than a sneak peak at something new :eyes::hot_coral_heart:

So here’s an early look at the new Pot Detail design :heart_eyes:

The Investec Savings Pot is even more amazing :eyes:

Shows:

• The interest rate
  • What I’ve already earned in January so far :grin:
  • My total gains :money_mouth_face:
  • My scheduled payment into the pot!!
  • Deposits, withdrawls & round-ups so far…
  • And the docs for the savings pot :hot_coral_heart:

But here’s a look at a Coin Jar! :smiley:

Pots - Feedback Thread 🍯
Android App GUI - Account/Pots screen
(Adam) #810

How are you getting to this view? I’ve downloaded 2.30.0 and can’t seem to find it

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #811

Aha, it’s not something you can access from the UI :slight_smile: you need to use a “deep link” with a Pot ID obtained from the Monzo API :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’s not easily accessible for the masses yet :see_no_evil:

The good news is that Monzo have this new UI hidden behind a feature flag :smiley: So it could appear for anybody at any time (assuming there’s no show stopping bugs) :smiley:

Advanced Section

The format, if anybody is interested :wink: is:

monzo://pot_detail/{pot_id}

(where {pot_id} is obtained from Monzo’s API)

Android App GUI - Account/Pots screen
(Johnny Ellwood) #812

He will be triggering the custom flags either from the API itself or a custom launcher.

(Adam) #813

I noticed a mini bug. The refreshing animation circle appears and won’t go away on the payments tab.

Refresing animation appears and won't disappear
(Kieran) #814

Yep it’s a known bug :slight_smile: