Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog

Gutted there is no investor card on the iOS TestFlight :sob:

:muscle:

(Jordan Taylor) #817

This is what is shown on the interest pot screen.
The breakdown of interest per month and the total is definitely a welcome change.

Saving Pot (Investec) overview page
(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #818

:joy::muscle:

I’ve even been to the gym today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Glad the beta arrived this morning :yum:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #819

And saving the least exciting new stuff for last :wink: (well, it’s still exciting! Just not “Pot Detail” exciting :smirk:)

Some new graphics :smiley::eyes:

Our investor card image :smiley:

And its frozen counterpart :thinking: (I’m really not sure why a regular frozen card wasn’t enough :joy: but points for attention to detail :wink: (I’m wonder if Monzo could use a “frozen_card_overlay.png” instead? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It might save on future maintenance)

And then we have a boring change followed by an interesting one :smiley:

ic_default_pot ic_regular_pot

Simple name change and a bit of a shrink (went from ic_default_pot.png to ic_regular_pot.png - I would hazard a guess that this is due to the incoming Pots expansion!) (Left: old, Right: new)

When Pots started, they were simple. Monzo is now growing Pots at significant speed! :smiley: Now there’s more than 1 type (with more in the works :eyes:) default no longer fits the bill :stuck_out_tongue:

Super Secret Pot Info

It’s not so secret really :innocent:
Don’t forget that there’s, currently, 4 types of Pot! They’re just not available to the public yet :stuck_out_tongue:

<string name="pot_class_title">Select Pot type</string>
    <string name="pot_class_title_investments">Investment Pot</string>
    <string name="pot_class_title_regular">Regular Pot</string>
    <string name="pot_class_title_savings">Savings Pot</string>
    <string name="pot_committed_spending_name">Committed Spending</string>

And finally, recurring payments :smiley: This is an icon which you’ll see (:soon::tm:) in your Pot Detail screen :hot_coral_heart:

ic_recurring_payments

I suppose it wouldn’t be fair to keep it to myself :joy: Here’s what it looks like in action! :smiley:

I’m not entirely sure why Monzo didn’t just re-use the icon from “Scheduled Payments” ic_action_manage_direct_debits.png

ic_action_manage_direct_debits

Perhaps somebody from the Android Dev team can shed some light on those couple of Q’s :innocent:(@ataulm, @edwoollard) :grin:

(Nathan) #820

Bravo sir :clap:

(Jordan Taylor) #821

I think the grey background on the icon is more appealing.

I must have missed the Investment Pot thread/info. :thinking: Or, is this the first sighting?

(Only available in amateur ) #823

It’s still well hidden so not ready for launch yet

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #824

As @Rat_au_van said, it’s the first sighting in the wild and it’s very well hidden :stuck_out_tongue: (requiring access to the API to even begin accessing it) :slight_smile:

As for investment pots, the hint has been in the code for a while now… But nothing is user-accessible (likely a feature flag controlled by Monzo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #825

If you’re on the beta channel… Tap on your pots! :eyes::eyes:

There’s a new feature :grin::grin:

(Sam) #827

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

(Michael) #828

In the iOS TestFlight also.

(Nathan) #829

Means the rest of us plebs should see this next week if there are no hitches before then :tada:

Still no sign of custom pot images though, honestly thought theyd be in place by now :face_with_monocle:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #830

Yep :slight_smile: The feature flag has been switched :smiley: So once you’re on the latest version it should just appear :sunglasses:

Having played with this feature for a few days now, I don’t think they’ll find anything wrong with it :yum: It seems solid to me :grin:

I’m fairly sure custom pot images have been unofficially confirmed :wink: there have been mock-ups with custom image selection, etc. I think it requires a bit more work from Monzo than just an upload button though :joy: I’m sure plenty of thought needs to go into dealing with inappropriate images being uploaded, storage constraints, etc. :wink: It’ll be here before we know it - I’m sure :stuck_out_tongue:

(Chris Rimell) #831

I’m not seeing anything new and I’m definitely on the latest beta

(Nathan) #832

Yeah seen the leaked images myself last month and thought they were maybe they were being held off to go live alongside the rest of these pots changes but like you say im sure they wont be long :slight_smile:

In saying that just seen the other thread on this and it still uses the mockups with custom images so who knows lol

(Andrew Schofield) #833

Custom pot images definitely appear to be a thing in this newly created mockup : Pots Details

(Michael) #834

You need to click on the actual pot image?