Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog

That’s another good point, I didn’t switch to iOS as my main device until January 2017…

Shame, really. I would’ve loved to have been part of the alpha testing, I just didn’t know anything about Monzo :frowning:

It does make me wonder how the alpha testers themselves found out about it, though…

(Gareth) #775

We have some very exciting news for you because you’re top of the Mondo Android waiting list! We’d like to invite you to our office in August to get an Alpha build of the Android app.

Was how I found out. There was general chatter about the iOS app, and the first crowdfunding, and then came the waiting list for Android.

edit: a timeline of old features for both platforms

(Stuart) #776

This happened to me, just tap on the option to find out more about overdrafts or whatever it says where it normally said manage your overdraft and it should refresh to as it was. This worked for me anyway.

(Chris Rimell) #777

Anyone else noticed their pots have changed order since the last update? Can’t reorder them myself, and no reason I can see as to why they have changed, but my interest pot is now last and my piggy bank (round up) is now first

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #778

Yep, my pots have shuffled a few times in the last couple of months - not a massive deal for me :yum: but I’ve certainly noticed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Chris Rimell) #780

Bizarre. I’ve also just noticed that my chat seems to have reverted to the old version again :confused:

(Splodf) #781

Wish they’d shuffle to alphabetical order.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #782

Happy 2019!! Happy update day :grin::grin::grin:

Version 2.29.0 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(David Walton) #783

Thanks Hot Coral Detective :wink:
After poking around the new beta build and not finding much, I’m curious to see after a teardown if there’s anything in the new build that isn’t live yet - like something waiting for a server-side switch or something which points to a future feature?

[cough] Committed Spending pot [cough]

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #784

Aha, this has been discussed loads :wink: though a version does exist it’s nowhere near ready for the masses - we’d likely get plenty of warning too :grin::grin:

The only visual change observed, so far, is the font in some areas of the app :eyes: I’ll share some screenshots momentarily :ok_hand:

What about the new Pots / account page? Theoretically possible to be behind a switch?

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #786

Well… New year, new teardown :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

0 additional images hidden away inside the app (that I’m aware of) :eyes:

There’s signs of an integration with a 3rd party :tada: - I’ll leave Monzo to announce this one, it’s exciting :innocent:

There’s a fair bit of tidying that’s gone on over winter! :smiley: Loads of old PrePaid code has been demolished :boom: (I’m not sure if there’s any more remnants but it’s looking pretty good to me)

What else… :thinking: Aha yes! :wink: Joint Account CASS, seems very present inside the app! :smiley:

The Overdraft page has met a little refresh too (image courtesy of @jtaylor69 :sunglasses:)

@HughWells had his PR merged into this version :sunglasses: fixing a wording error:

There’s also a mysterious new font :eyes: It’s part of a move to the refreshed Material Design (straight out of Google) it’s interesting, I’ll have to see how quickly it grows on me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can now pay cash into your Monzo account!
(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #787

There’s a new flow for CASS and it’s looking pretty slick :wink:

(I can’t go further than this as I’m not going to CASS my backup Natwest account :joy: #fullmonzo :hot_coral_heart: )

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #788

Referring to this new account / Pots page? :smiley:

Based on the top left corner of these designs showing that they’re still only designs, I think we’re a little while away (sadly) :disappointed: but I’ve got faith in the amazing app teams :hot_coral_heart: I doubt it’ll be long before I’m sharing the first screenshots of a beta with this incredible looking page! :boom:

(Nathan) #789

Ohhh third party integration… ill have a guess at it being flux but would love it to be another savings pot partner to give a flavour of how it could be.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #790

That’s not a bad guess :wink:

Nothing to see here

(Hugh Wells) #791

Ngl, I’m still impressed my PR made it into that build so quickly.

(Adam) #792
Third party spoiler?

Found on the Flux homepage!

(Gareth) #793

I think next time you have nothing to see, go one further and use steganography (the detail can’t be seen on mobile with the spoiler and I definitely did not resort to reading the source code…)

(Nathan) #794

I think there was already a closed pilot from a while back with monzo but nothing has been progressed in quite some time.

Would make sense now that its been fully rolled out to starling that monzo would aim to do the same :blush: