Monzo chat automated message

Is this the start of a Monzo chat bot ?

Essentially, yes, but weā€™ll always provide human help when you want or need it.

2 Likes

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5 Likes

Itā€™s not a bot IMO - Itā€™s more about getting additional context from you when you would already be facing a wait timeā€¦ rather than justā€¦nothing.

Iā€™m sure a lot of people here would reach out to Monzo support with a message like:

ā€œHi there, I have this problem, it happened at this place, at this time, on this dateā€ plus any other additional context we would need to immediately be able look into something when available.

But, the reality is that a lot of people write in and their first message is literally ā€œHelloā€ or ā€œhi i need some helpā€. And then they donā€™t follow up with the details until somebody replies to them.

So, using something like this can help us get to the root of a problem faster :grinning:

18 Likes

Working in customer/guest servives, I know how it is. A clear description of whatā€™s wrong and any related information from the get go can save a lot of time both on the customers end and our own end.

Rarely your get this from the customer first time though. :wink:

3 Likes

Or just with any member of the public :laughing:

A bit of automation is nice and it should also resolve the issue where people are complaining that theyā€™ve heard nothing because they think chat is ā€˜liveā€™.

2 Likes

But, the reality is that a lot of people write in and their first message is literally ā€œHelloā€

Just being nice :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

As always, Simon explains it better than I do :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to remember to start my next chat with Oi, oi and a cheeky wink and a grin emoji. :wink::grin:

7 Likes

I see this as a good thing, as long as someone to help can still easily be reached (which it sounds like they will be)

I wonder if this could be expanded on and proper locked pots could come back via something like this :thinking:

@simonb The bot has, as far as I can tell, blocked me from speaking to a human

2 Likes

Thanks Adam - Iā€™m not working today but Iā€™ve just pinged a colleague to take a look for you so you should hear back soon. Sorry for the delay!

2 Likes

Had a problem changing address so have dropped chat a message so will see the automated messages etc. For the first time
Iā€™ll update how it goes.

I havenā€™t got an estimate for wait time that Iā€™ve seen a few people getting in the past. Has this now stopped?

So not a great experience. Gave a very detailed response to the first message

Asked me 3 minutes after my reply if I was still there? Is that normal

It has now updated saying the wait time is one day but tells me off for not replying within 3 minutes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.