Monzo App crashes upon entering

Upon opening the monzo app, the logo screen is shown for a couple of seconds and then the app crashes so I can not use any features. I’ve tried reinstalling the app but it only works until I login using the verification email and then it goes back to crashing.

What OS? Android, iOS?

1 Like

I was getting something similar on iOS.

1 Like

iOS
iPhone 6s, I think it happened after I downloaded the latest version of the app

Same with galaxy S5 what’s happening unable to access new account!

I’m getting this bug too.

Monzo v 1.19.1
Android OS v5.0.1
Galaxy S4

It only seemed to happen when i updated the app. Anyway to rollback to previous version?
I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.

The app crashes since the update yesterday
v 1.19.1
Galaxy S5
Android 5.0

I re-installed the old version 1.19.0 from apkmonk website and now I can use Monzo again.

@lalz_123, @Bluebelle, @a_shorts, @nuzzle

Can you all try a session reset for me?

To do a session reset:

Force quit the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up on the Monzo app.

• Go into the settings of your iPhone and scroll down until you find Monzo.
  • Under “Monzo Settings” toggle the “Reset Session” switch.
  • The app will prompt you to login again at the next launch.

In the meantime I’ll let the right people know :+1:

That’s good advice for iPhone users… But we’re on Android. Can a similar action be completed on that operating system?

1 Like

Yes, apologies!

First go to your Monzo settings, scroll to the bottom and logout.

Then go to your phone’s Settings and scrolling down until you find Apps.

Then, under “Monzo”, you should have the option to “Force Stop”.

Once you’ve done this, go into Memory and clear the data and the cache and relaunch the app. This should hopefully solve the issue

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I’m one of the Android engineers here and Monzo and I wanted you all to know that we’re sorry about this crash and we’re working to try and fix it. It’s been very painful to reproduce in house on the devices we have, so we bought one specifically for this - I have it in my hands right now! It’s only affecting devices running Android 5.0 or 5.0.1, so if you have the option to update your OS to a newer version of Android, please do so!

We take any crash seriously, but one that prevents you from accessing your money is the absolutely worst - we’re so, so sorry.

5 Likes

@lalz_123, @Bluebelle, @a_shorts, @nuzzle

Emma and her team of Android wizards have pushed a fix to the beta testing app and it seems to be working!

To get on the beta app and access the fix before the rest of the world, you can visit the testing channel over at bit.ly/monzobeta and download version 1.9.20. It’ll be available normally through the Play Store soon.

Thanks so much for your patience and for alerting us to the issue :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the fix! The beta app works great! Great work!!

2 Likes

thanks for the fix! Monzo team were great!

1 Like

My P20 Pro is now experiencing the same issue. Both the monzo app and the phone are fully up to date. I’ve also tried force stopping and clearing the cache.

I have had the same issue on my p20 pro. Since a system and an app update the app has not opened properly. Just an error message saying to contact if the issue persists. I have tried clearing the cached data and force quitting the app but no success

Try deleting and reinstalling the app

2 Likes