Monzo account in the uk

Hi. I’m Israeli traveling Europe for few month and I’m in england now (will travel from here for couple of month). I’m staying all this time with my family and I wanted to get a monzo account. Can I do it although I’m not a citizen? Can I open it in my name to my family’s house?
Thanks.

Download the app, confirm your identity, put down your family’s address, and see what happens.

I’m not sure how much use it’ll be if you’re only visiting the U.K., but there’s no harm in trying it out.

I’m visiting all over Europe so it will help me a lot as I got big fees on international transactions

you’d need to use transferwise to send international payments to your monzo account

Cool. Have a great trip! I assume you’ve got a way round fees for adding Israeli money to Monzo?

I’m not trying to discourage you, just making sure you’ve got everything covered. :+1:

That’s ok. I appreciate the advise.
I’ll do international transfers and if needed I might add cash

1 Like

Don’t you have to be an EU citizen or have a resident/student etc visa to get a bank account in the UK?

Not with Monzo. Only proof of ID ( not proof of nationality) - done in app - and a UK address to post the physical card to is needed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.