Mobile Providers

Text PAC to 65075 on each device.

It’ll tell you how much is left to be paid if you leave.

When signing up to new provider you’ll be given the choice to bring your number across.

Give them the PAC and the details and it’s generally completed next working day if actioned by 4pm.

It can take up to midnight for services to fully move over. You’ll know when it’s moved as your current SIM will stop working and show no service.

With iMessage etc be sure to switch them off before putting new SIM in.

Once number has moved over fully, head to settings and then Phone and be sure your number is entered correctly. Amend if need be to your number.

Restart your phone, then switch on iMessage and facetime.

3 Likes

Ahh didn’t think about the iMessage thing, I forgot it gives problems when changing numbers etc, honestly assumed it wasn’t a problem by now lol.

All sounds very easy and quick though which is the main thing.

The only thing I’d recommend is pushing EE’s retentions team before you go - they may offer you something decent

1 Like

Just to say I recently switched from EE (who are scumbags) to Sky. As part of that while my number did its thing I lost access for a day.

Apart from some minor 2FA issues with other apps the apple side of things was super smooth. Noted the new number, ported things across straight away and did the same when the old number ported across.

1 Like

It never has been for me. I do check the number in the Phone settings but the last couple of times I’ve switched, even that has updated by itself. I never bother switching off iMessage and FaceTime.

1 Like

I may have to give them a go again

vodafone has the best coverage for me too, particularly in rural areas - never had a problem with their network

never had a problem with vodafone here either

I’m impressed that you get personal email from the COO of Virgin Media! Couldn’t you use your relationship to get them to drop the price hikes?

2 Likes

This made me laugh - yes Carlo should negotiate for all of us. I’m hoping I can get out of my O2 pay monthly and use Smarty.

3 Likes

Haha I will ask.

2 Likes

I don’t seem to have the facility to message you, but I think you’ve worked at my work. Can you PM? Just curious is all.

Makes two of us. :joy:

1 Like

And if anyone does want to switch to Voxi, try to get someone to refer you

1 Like

How about now?

Is this a subtle ask? Yes you can refer me lol

I probably would but I am having an error haha. The one thing that I don’t quite like about Voxi is their website is sometimes a bit temperamental and there not being an app, but they are hardly big issues for a mobile network.

1 Like

Done. I think you can disable it now and may still allow to message

1 Like

Well doesn’t sound like they’re too far apart from O2… as long as the service works and the price is right I’m happy.

1 Like

O2 is slowly getting there. Vodafone has always been a good all rounder.

Three is also worth via Smarty (includes roaming and MMS)

1 Like