Mobile Providers

Is 3 unlimited any good seen a deal with pixel 7 pro wondered are 3 good for unlimited data.

Smartyā€™s system sometimes glitches like that when stuff changes. Iā€™d give it a day or two and contact them again if youā€™re unsure.

2 Likes

Worth considering if you actually need unlimited, average user is 3-5gb a month give or take.

Depends what you do on your phone really.

You can grab a smarty or three pay and go sim from a local shop and top up and do some speed tests to see if itā€™s any good for you locally.

4 Likes

Itā€™s updated now. Says 30GB but I assume it will still give 50GB when it renews.

2 Likes

SIM arrived from iD today, itā€™s been in my phone 10 minutesā€¦ Iā€™ve told support to cancel the contract :sweat_smile:

So I went to register the account to be able to access the app, customer area etc etc, it wouldnā€™t work as my email address is in use. Yep that makes sense kind of, I was a customer with them around 26 months ago

Support comes into chat, youā€™ll need to register your account with a different email, youā€™ve been a customer before and you canā€™t use that email address. Told them as they canā€™t offer me, the basic service of accessing my account with my email address, I want the contract cancelling.

Itā€™s now cancelled, support said theyā€™ll downgrade the SIM to pay as you go :sweat_smile: yeah itā€™s going in the bin mate.

Edit and now Iā€™ve got this message, the whole reason Iā€™ve just left you after been a customer for 10 minutes, itā€™s because you wonā€™t allow me to access my account with my email address :person_facepalming::sweat_smile:

I kind of wish there was an ā€˜ultimate simā€™ available - where you could pay the price of the equivalent of 3 contracts, and you get combined coverage from three networks. This would be pretty niche offer, but phone contracts are pretty cheap in the UK, and wouldnā€™t be a horrendous price to pay for really good coverage.

I did have one of these around 10 years ago, I think (maybe longer). It wasnā€™t that pricey and roamed across all 4 UK networks. I wish I could remember more about it.

I think these were quite common as a business offering in the past, too. No idea if itā€™s still a thing.

I think honest mobile used to roam between networks and then they changed course and went with Three.

Price hikes are coming - people are already complaining about the 14% rise on the EE community

How much will mobile phone mid-contract bills go up in 2023? | Metro News

1 Like

I just received an email about this, I actually find it ā€¦ anyway.

The email I got from EE:

From my understanding Im having a total of a 18.3% increase each monthā€¦

What I find unfair about this is the cost of the phone hasnā€™t increased since you got it.

So if you pay Ā£30 like Tom, and itā€™s Ā£20 to pay off the phone and Ā£10 for your contract, then I think only the Ā£10 should be subject to the increase, thatā€™s their cost increasing, the phone you sold doesnā€™t need to increase.

5 Likes

If my maths are correct I can expect to pay Ā£26.16 extra a month.

Probably time to look towards Sky who dont do CPI increases, for my new phone considering that I work from home permanently now so no traveling for office.

1 Like

That 3.9% is already included in the 14.4% so itā€™s not quite as bad as youā€™re suggesting, but itā€™s still bad.

1 Like

Ah, I was unsure about that part but still :exploding_head:

I didnā€™t know this but recently having gone from EE who are robbing b**tards Iā€™m pleased to hear this

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2023/02/ofcom-telecoms-price-hikes-inflation-investigation-/

This is well overdue. Iā€™ve said before but it beats repeating - ofcom have been asleep at the wheel. These mid contract price hikes, along 2-year contracts for sim only deals, are just designed to screw the consumer. Iā€™m not overly keen on the practice of each network selling contracts under several different brands - howā€™s that supposed to be helping consumers?

2 Likes

Yep - Iā€™ve written to my MP about this because EE recently charged me the privilege of Ā£180 to get out of a sim only contract. Iā€™ll never shop there again

13.4% from O2. Time to shop around as thatā€™s my sim only going above Ā£20 now, and I definitely donā€™t need the amount of data I have available seeing as Iā€™m home most of the timeā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m on a one year contract O2 contract and waiting to find out the increase.

But itā€™s non-sensical to have an ā€œannualā€ RPI increase on a one year contract in the first place!

5 Likes