Mini improvements to downloading statements

I found 2 mini inconveniences with downloading statements and I thought I could recommend an improvement.

1st problem, I have to enter a pin on my mobile for every statement I wish to download. This is very annoying if you need to download more then one statement.

2nd problem, the statement name when downloaded to google drive has the date of the day downloaded, not the date/period of statement. This is really annoying too as it means you have to rename every document to a name that represents that specific document.

I know these are very minor but I figured that it was worth sharing in case someone else felt the same. It also makes a big different of you are archiving last years statements as you have to do this 12 times!

Completely agree with this and both of your points have been suggested as areas to improve on this forum before.

@maxwhite perhaps the 2nd point especially should be on the polish list since it seems like a relatively easy fix ?

Thanks awjdean,

I signed up just to post this so I am glad it’s been received well.

2 Likes

It actually sounds like you’d get on a lot better with the live data export you get with Monzo Plus and Premium.

Added to the list :white_check_mark:

There might be a good reason we ask you to enter your PIN for each statement you download, will have to look into that one.

1 Like

I had to download a full month’s :monzo: statement for my current employer :necktie:
Chose to get full July *.pdf.

Was amazed after ended-up on 23 page pdf document :see_no_evil:

First 5 pages did reflect ‘Personal Account statement’ :white_check_mark:
Other 18 pages are ‘Pot statements’ :face_with_monocle:

I am sure we need an option to choose, does an account owner want to export a main ‘Personal Account statement’
or
Full ‘Personal Account statement’ with all Pot figures on it :bar_chart:

1 Like

Easily rectified at least by just using an editor to save just the pages of the main statement. But yeah choice of either or would be great.

1 Like

Do exports include emoji? You’d save a lot of pages if they weren’t :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Imagine the strain put on the cyan

It’s always the cyan

2 Likes

Why does your employer need your full bank statement?

If you exclude pot transfers then it wouldn’t make sense anyway.

I hope it’s not some weird criteria like those who want to see your social media profiles.

If you are working in a role that requires certain security clearances you have to share your Financial details upon request in order to maintain the clearances to ensure you have not been undertaking anything illegal or running to a high level of debt or anything can be construed as illegal etc. United Kingdom Security Vetting: Applicant - GOV.UK

2 Likes

Actually, it does :grin:

Partial printscreen of today’s PDF document
:point_down::smirk_cat:

The pot statements come up after the main statement, however it’s still all showing on the main one with the transfers and that. It’s just the pages after that then go into pot by pot along with all its transactions.

2 Likes