Merchant Data Corrections

You see the amount, the name of whatever 3D Secure is sending and you have the fact that you clicked “buy” and the notification instantly shows on your phone asking for approval. The “enrichment” is actively making it worse from what I can tell.

The only situation I can think of where it matters what the name of the 3D Secure notification in your feed says is if your internet connection gets hijacked between clicking “buy” and sending you to a 3D Secure for a dodgy website, which also knows the total amount of the purchase? Is that what you seem to think is the issue here?

1 Like

Agree with the thoughts above. Absolutely madness to break the 3DS data and display duff info.

As a quick fix, create a new, generic 3DS logo (or :warning: or something) for the feeds, and - for the love of god - stop “enriching” the name.

4 Likes

Microsoft Office 365 failing yet again, now also grouped as shopping.

I’ve given up.
The merchant data is a waste of time. I’ve had to submit a local bar 4 times. It would changed for a week, then it would just go back to the generic icon for entertainment. This logo would come and go with every submission. After the third time, I’ve just not bothered.

2 Likes

Back in 2016 my local was a mess, it was sorted out and all was good up until a few months ago where they added the word bar after it, it’s not a bar and n er has had the word bar in the name so how and why did this happen?!?! I’ve submitted the fix multiple times but it’s been ignored coz obviously someone thinks it’s correct.

Also why when you submit the address changes it’s all laid out on separate lines

Road
Town
County
Postcode

Yet when you open it everything is on one line.

Pointless tbh

The logo changed for the same transaction, or is this more than one transaction and the logo is different each time?

I submitted the logo change from Twitter. The logo was changed to the correct logo. Several days later it returned to the default icon for entertainment.
I followed this process 2 more times.

On the subject of Merchant Logos,
Here is an API that could be integrated to find logos:

I’m not sure if it would find locals though

1 Like

I’ve found this too, couple of transactions where there’s no logo and a weird name will get changed but any changes afterwards are ignored and all address changes or additions are ignored.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’ve been pretty hot of late on original creation of data, just not updates, which both heartens and disappoints

Seem to remember from above that it used to be covered by two separate teams

I have no idea at all why they would not be the same team and approach

3 Likes

This is a known iOS bug:

A day one bug :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Still baffles me how you send the updates through but only one bit gets changed and the logo gets missed if not ignored then when it is updated it’s the wrong one hope this new system comes soon it’s frustrating constantly battling to get an address changed or corrected.

10 Likes

I’m fe sup if telling Monzo via update and Chat that they need to change the code to handle non-square logos too.

I have a load where the logo is zoomed in on the centre of the logo because it is a rectangular logo without the white space buffer either side.

1 Like

Exactly know how you feel I get the address corrected on a few of mine and then it randomly goes back to somewhere blah blah postcode it’s just silly I’m using google maps for this as well so that should be enough.

As for other updates with logos they get changed then left as another handles logo lol can’t win.

I’ve also given up reporting incorrect data is it never really gets fixed.

6 Likes

Has anyone found Lidl’s las lost its logo, food emoji from notifications, and the merchant name has changed on transactions?

Up until mid February all my Lidl’s transactions were correct, but since then have lost the notification emoji, and logo on the transactions.

The merchant name has also been renamed from Lidl, to: Lidl Uk “name of city” - which just looks messy. The lowercase “k” on Uk is annoying too :joy:

1 Like

It’s all over the place at the moment and even if you do submit a correction you’ll be waiting a while to see any change, also if it does get updated don’t hold hope that it will stay like that as it has a way of bouncing back to how it was beforehand.

1 Like

Also given up.

Locations all over the place (ATMs and some national chains for instance), company names changing, logos wrong or never updated.

The point at which I gave up was after I made a card payment to Bank of Scotland to pay my credit card and it appeared as Royal Bank of Scotland with the RBS logo. I submitted a correction a few times but after such a long time only the name has updated. It still makes me wonder what this is if I have to scroll back that far… I know I’ve never had anything to do with RBS.

I’ve wondered a number of times recently over the value of this data when it can be manipulated so easily and is frequently incorrect. Some of the logos make the feed look messy too and I wonder whether having Monzo-created category logos would look better. It would then allow time to be focused on getting the more important data such as names in a better state.

8 Likes

PhotoEditor_20190321_085051317

Paid for both of those through the Amex app. Seems weird the different, unless it’s preparations for the card integration :thinking:

2 Likes