Merchant Data Corrections

Late night? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Haha not even :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Here’s a weird one. Just submitted the attached image as being Papa John’s Pizza in Crewe. No idea why it came up as something completly different… image

Weekday COps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good to know :slight_smile: thanks for that.

2 Likes

I’m very much up for being employed to travel the country and each Wetherspoon’s to collect and correct the merchant data…

I’m only asking for travel, and costs for as many cans of Lo-Res and pints of Punk as required for the task. :rofl:

Seriously though linking to the Wetherspoon logo should work; I’ve submitted updates with the link to a companies website when they haven’t used Twitter to great success in the past.

2 Likes

One thing I’ve been unsure of is whether all Wetherspoon transactions should be linked into a single merchant profile (but with each pub keeping its own name).

Personally I think each Wetherspoon pub should be a separate merchant profile, so the HISTORY section of each transaction is more useful.

2 Likes

I purchased some drinks through the app the other day. It keeps changing to various wetherspoons pubs. As you can’t identify which Wetherspoons they were purchased for, can it be changed to just say Wetherspoons if purchased through the app?

I have submitted it but it never changes

1 Like

You’re saying for app purchases it keeps changing about every time you make a transaction? Or looking at the same transaction is it changing day by day?

All the transactions are the same :slightly_smiling_face: . They are changing periodically as people are submitting them as their own weatherspoons

1 Like

Ah okay, the Payments team will probably want to stick a note on the Weatherspoons app merchant or something so people’s updates to it will get ignored and it doesn’t end up as a perpetual game of tug-of-war.

I’ve had a similar issue with a different merchant group myself, and @Rika got it sorted?

1 Like

Before they do that, someone should change the logo for the Wetherspoon app to the logo which fills all the area - it’s slightly too small at the moment!

JD Wetherspoon app:

Wetherspoon pub with a better version of the logo:

NB: This Wetherspoon pub is actually incorrectly named - it’s the one in London Victoria station and should be called “Wetherspoon” - but that’s a different issue.

1 Like

Wetherspoons should be treated like Tesco, Sainsburys and stores like that.

We know there are hundreds so just have one name.

3 Likes

Isn’t that just a white border around the image, don’t all merchants have this? :thinking:

I would guess the logo is coming from here

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/order-and-pay-app

I’m not sure about the specifics of Weatherspoons really, but they do usually operate under their own unique names from what I’ve seen? So having unique merchant names for ‘in store purchases’ would likely make sense, especially if they’re registered as a merchant under that name.

I’m not sure if Weatherspoons is a single commercial entity or a franchise? If it’s the latter then seperate merchant names would definitely make sense?

Seperate merchant names for in-store transactions seems to be the way things are working right now - so it’s probably easier for it to be left that way and the ‘online transactions’ to be their own merchant not associated to anyone physical premise.

1 Like

I believe it’s the former. When they acquire a pub, they just leave it operating under the name it had before the acquisition, because it allows the pub to keep that “community feeling”.

At least, that’s how I think it works. I seem to recall hearing it described that way before… I could be completely off the mark though :grinning:

2 Likes

I pay my rent every month via AllPayments.net, every month since 3dsecure was enabled, the merchant name on the 3d secure is different and unrelated to who I am paying.

I’m aware that many merchants use AllPay for handling payments, making this potentially difficult to handle.

Today I had ‘Stonewater Lim’, previously I’ve had what seems like random other rent company names across the country, utility names and some other random stuff.

I’m aware that the name will be wrong, but it’s confusing/concerning when 3dsecure has a completely unrelated merchant name. First time it happened I cancelled the payment because I thought the website had been hacked.

I’ve previously contacted support about this a couple of times, but I imagine thier changes just get overwritten by another staff member.

Could the name just be updated and left as ‘AllPayments’ while a solution is found? It’s a lot more relevant than a random other company name potentially causing users to cancel payments.

Happy to provide more information if required

5 Likes

3D Secure merchant enrichment works a little differently and cannot be changed by support in this particular way.

I’ll add this to the enrichment exclusion list tomorrow though. :+1:

9 Likes

If you look at this post:

The Wetherspoon logo for the first transaction has a much larger white border than the logo for the second transaction.