Manage your money together with joint accounts!

We and a couple of friends had the same issue - ordered joint account cards the day they went live to everyone and they arrived yesterday and they are the same as current account.

Waiting for our cards to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll get new design cards.

Some feedback so far:

1. Switching between accounts in “Account” tab is not convenient at all. Ideally it should be a single-click or two-clicks in the “Home” tab.
  2. I can see my partner’s photo in “Payments” tab however it doesn’t show up in “Account” tab when I switch to Joint Account.

Screenshot_20180817-095452

1 Like

I ordered mine the day it went live as well.

Yet to receive it, so I’m hoping it’ll be here today.

Edit: But this goes back to what I said at the start.

It would be good if there was some confirmation saying that the card had been ordered (cause now I’m wondering if the order went through).

2 Likes

I can see a confirmation on the “Home” screen. It says “Joint account card on the way”.

Did you get that for the replacement card order as well?

Or just when you first set up the joint account?

1 Like

No. I’ve only applied for Joint account yesterday and still waiting for our cards to arrive.

Aha - Yes. When you first set up the JA you get that notification on your home feed.

But when you order the new card replacement (for those people who had a JA with the old card), I didn’t get any notification that a new card was on its way.

Edit - CS confirmed it should have been with me yesterday (so give it till today) - and you don’t receive confirmation it’s been shipped.

Luckily it won’t affect too many people.

1 Like

So no notification at all in app after ordering new joint card. When you go back in and click the item in the transaction list it still shows do you want to order a new card.

Card came (with Joint on it) and no real instruction on how to enabled it. I only knew from reading here: Freeze card, and a new option to activate a card becomes available.

1 Like

New JA card has arrived and all is correct!

Question for anyone who has one already

Does your chip look like this? Can’t work out if it’s a manufacturing defect or that’s how it’s supposed to look.

mine looks the same as your pic

1 Like

I assumed it would - It’s a little to intentional to be a defect on further reflection!

1 Like

We received the new replacement JA cards this morning. Observed that the new replacement JA card for “Mrs Necessiter” is missing the INVESTOR tag in the top right corner (unlike its predecessor the original JA card that was issued whilst JA was in Labs). Ditto within Apple Pay (fairly sure it was there for the original card but can’t be sure).

1 Like

Yeah ours are the same too :confused:

I guess it’s the intended design - Not a defect (I hope
).

Never realised that it’s a totally different design to the CA one :open_mouth:

20180817_115247

1 Like

Yep, I noticed that.

I think it may have been brought up before (possibly
 maybe
)

Hi all, we’re aware of an issue that means a number of people who’ve signed up for a joint account this week will get the wrong card design.

We’re really sorry about this, and we’re fixing it at the moment. So going forward we’ll send the new card design when you open a joint account.

For people who get the old design, you’ll get a message in your feed explaining what’s happened - and instructions on how to get a replacement.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update :+1:t2: When should we expect the message in our feed to appear?

Would be good have Joint Account design card on Account screen
 Its new card design on Google Pay and Apply Pay but not within Monzo App bit weird.

Screenshot_20180817-181558__01

5 Likes

My boyfriend and I signed up for a joint account and recently requested the new card. Both of us had problems with declined transactions after receiving the card and after a bit of thought, realised we probably needed to activate our cards. The only way we found out how to do this was searching in help.

I feel like there should be a clearer option in the app about activating a new card - maybe a button next to the Freeze card option? As a side note, is it mentioned in the card carrier that you need to activate the card?

1 Like