Manage your money together with joint accounts!

(laura gold) #207

oooh.
i have other friends with Monzo that i can select to have a joint account with, just not my husband. so this would be my husband needing to activate on his side?

(Jack) #208

Also make sure you both have the latest app updates. There have been some bugs in the past I beilive.

(Jack) #209

Most likely yes :slight_smile:

(Hugh Wells) #210

You can now sign up for another joint account with anybody after closing an existing one :raised_hands:

• If you closed your joint account before today, please contact us via the in app chat so we can reset that for you. It won’t be a problem going forward
  • The restriction on only 1 joint open account at a time still applies :blush:

cc. @Christophorus - thanks for poking this :+1:

(President of the Breville Toaster Appreciation Society) #211

Thanks for getting this sorted Hugh. I appreciate it.

Anyone else fancy being poked too?

(Daniel White) #212

Did this ever actually get implemented because I don’t see it:

I’ve not seen it (I’m on latest TF).

Don’t think it ever arrived from memory.

No it was something they were thinking of doing if I remember correctly. As far as I’m aware, it hasn’t been released.

(Daniel White) #215

Same here with TF, I thought it was odd.

@HoddzDJ, this blog article seems to suggest that it was already a done deal “a few weeks” before it was posted on 14th August so is pretty misleading. Maybe something for @Jami to clarify?

(Rob Harding) #216

100% agree :+1:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

(Mark ) #217

Is there a list of what you are working on for Joint Accounts, and in what order? I’m particularly interested in when pots will be available. Thanks!

(Jami Welch) #218

The account switcher designs that Jessica shared previously haven’t been built yet - there are still some design problems we need to solve before we can add it to the apps. Hope this clarifies!

Are Joint Account overdrafts available? Why is the option available to “find out about overdrafts” but the option to select and overdraft value doesn’t work?

(MikeF) #220

I don’t believe JA overdrafts have been invented yet.

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #221

This use to be on my joint account. When you clicked into it you were asked to input the overdraft amount but you couldn’t because the buttons were disabled. It seems to have been removed now so perhaps you need to check if there are any updates to the app?

Are joint accounts still being worked on at the moment? It seems since it came out of the lab not much has changed in this area and there’s still plenty missing.

I was hoping that the plan was to bring the joint account up to the same feature level as single accounts as quickly as possible so I hope JA haven’t been put on the back burner?

Off the top of my head I think the following are all missing.

• Monzo Web support
  • Overdrafts
  • Monzo.me
  • Summary support for joint wages
  • Pots
  • CASS

Any eta on any of this?

Thanks

I’ll +1 CASS again, would love to actually use my joint account!

Would be great to get update on these, especially pots and web support (I’m still suprised it left labs without those)! :slight_smile:

(MikeF) #225

As far as I recall, Monzo Joint web support isn’t even on the radar at the moment. The rest are ‘in progress’ somewhere I think (except for Monzo.Me perhaps since I haven’t heard it mentioned in this context).

Oh, that’s a shame. Seems kinda important to me :man_shrugging:

Monzo.me I’m not too concerned about; you could get around that by taking a paying on your personal account and transfering it.

I gave up waiting for CASS and manually transferred over 6 direct debits. A delightful way to spend a Sunday afternoon :smile: