Making Monzo's looking a bit stale

Hi again! :wave:

Like I said before, we’ll retire the roadmap page soon (just need to take some more links out of the app).

Right now there isn’t anyone to own maintaining an external-facing product roadmap. I’d love it if our Product Marketing team fancied taking it on. But it’d also have to fit into how they want to work and their comms plans.

In the future I think ‘roadmap’ looks less like “here is a list of what we are building next” (which has its own problems anyway when plans change) and more setting out our plans in blog posts, etc. And it’ll be less “Next month we are releasing a button to let you merge payees” and more “Over the next year we’ll roll out new ways for you to do X, Y, Z”,

But surely Monzo knows what they’re doing next? Can’t you just share that?

It’s not that simple. It’s more the maintenance - someone has to collect this information from all the teams, make sure it’s accurate, communicate that in a way that’s agreed with our other comms teams, and basically do a bunch of other work for that to be useful. This works really well for small teams, and I’m glad that the Business Banking team are running their own roadmap. But doing that for a whole company is another matter.

13 Likes