Making Monzo a better current account

The sideways list of Monzo contacts changes order depending on what the day is I’m sure

1 Like

I get paid every 4 weeks not monthly so this is great news.

I’ve also noticed that the Summary doesn’t count a bills pot and states that I don’t have enough money in my account for commuted bills.

It would be also great if I could set up reoccurring payments from my Monzo friends list rather than having to setup bank transfer details.

1 Like

I’m also bambozzled as to why the haven’t added such a basic yet useful option.

I would like the ability to select “Quarterly” for Direct Debits (well, one Direct Debit - TV Licence)

The emailed update today “Making Monzo October” is a great example of clear comms, a lot in there, but nicely displayed. Thanks.

5 Likes

Not alphabetically, please (or at least not as the only option)! I find this so irritating on Nationwide’s app and site. If the payee(s) you use most frequently isn’t at the beginning of the alphabet, it is very tedious. I like it sorted by most recent first. Norwich & Peterborough got this right, too. A search/filter for payees could be useful though.

2 Likes

Lloyds have a search/filter, it’s actually pretty good!

Search/filter can be good, but for me it’s not a replacement for a sort order of ‘most recent’, which is the quickest for repeat transfers.

Not so bad as Santander’s. The order is determined by the the order they were added, so a payee I paid once 5 years ago is near the top, while one who gets paid fairly frequently but is new, is near the bottom of page 2. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Oh wow :joy::man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

How about contacts are sorted alphabetically, but you can star contacts so they appear before as well as in the alphabetical list.

Similar to what some phone contacts apps let you do.

8 Likes

I’m sure this has been suggested, if so apologies, but why can’t we have an EDITABLE list of payees where the account name only can be changed?
So if I have 4 entries with the same payee name I can discriminate
I don’t want to have to reconcile account numbers, although the last 4 digits are what I usually remember.
freds current a/c1
freds business a/c
fred’s savings 1
fred bloggs a/c2

2 Likes

Agreed. Payee management is definitely one the areas that needs a lot of attention. I think they should just “borrow” the way Starling do it, as it’s great :smiley:

7 Likes

It will be nice to see the option to choose an alternative to the obnoxious colour of card. I understand some may like it, but some of us don’t. So as long as I’ve got the overly bright debit card, I won’t be using the account in public, and that’s the only thing stopping this from becoming my main account. Until then, the card stays in the drawer.

1 Like

Pretty fickle reason if i do say so myself…

Also agree payee management is an area that some improvements could be made in :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Removed posts 29/10

You guys are great. Loving all the updates - it’s great to see the awesome features you’re working on, and the engagement with the community. Keep it up!

My husband and I just signed up for the joint account but I just realised from your blog that the pots feature isn’t available on this yet - which was one of the main reasons we got it! So we’ll be realllllly looking forward to that being addressed!

2 Likes

The earning interest on savings is something I await eagerly.
On a personal note; the reason I’m reluctant to switch to my monzo as my main account is my ‘normal’ bank account offers cashback on DD’s and some payments. I let my pay go into that account then instantly transfer it out to Monzo.
C

I want to be able to photograph cheques to pay them in. Also Barclaycard let you know your credit score every 60 days from experion… Loving monzo trying to use apple pay for everything don’t want companies to have my details anymore.

2 Likes