Make Me Prime Minister (Channel 4)

Second from the left!

2 Likes

My failure to accurately peg people’s ages continues; i had discounted her for looking too young to be 36 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A questionable photoshop. Were the contestants even in the same country when the images were taken before merging?

Although can’t wait for Alastair to judge on this one… could be brutal.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a composite of all of their individual shots according to my sis. The TV advert went out during Gogglebox last night apparently!

1 Like

Press run is starting! Show starts on Tuesday!

This is fascinating TV, that is genuinely trying to promote political discourse and do something different. It’s Channel 4 at its boat-rocking finest. If it sounds a bit like The Apprentice , which I loathe… well, yes, there are definite similarities, but this show has a heart where the other has only pound signs. It’s also funny, engaging, and entirely original, and gets my vote without a moment’s hesitation.

2 Likes

So this was fun.

The format was very The Apprentice. The policies were a bit meh, but overall I think it shows potential.

I am #TeamNatalie and #TeamJackieWeaver (obvs).

1 Like

Thanks for watching @Peter_G!! Glad you enjoyed it! Really proud of how well Nat did in Episode 1. Darius made a huge mistake not offering himself up for resignation I think.

2 Likes

Wait, was this on today? On All4 it says available 4 October. Don’t tell me they’ll make me wait a week to catch up on it?

1 Like

I just watched it live through the All4 app myself. Presume it should be available already for playback :thinking:

1 Like

It’s politics. Of course your truth wasn’t the same as C4’s!

1 Like

This says available from 4 October :frowning:

I hope it’s just badly worded and today’s episode will be up by tomorrow

1 Like

Ah yeah, I’m seeing the same now in the app. 4th Oct does appear to be Episode 2 though, so perhaps the playback will pop up tomorrow.

Or maybe they’re dropping all episodes on demand next week? :thinking:

1 Like

Seems to be up in the app now.

1 Like

Just watched this. Actually enjoyed it; might be a better way of electing someone :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks @coffeemadman for watching! How did you feel my sister did/came across compared to the other candidates? :pray:

I haven’t watched it (yet), but it got 5 stars here;

1 Like

Yes, reviews I’ve seen have largely been pretty good and they’ve all had good stuff to say about my sis! Looking forward to Episode 2 on Tuesday. I think she’ll come out of this whole thing very positively. Not sure all the contestants will from what I’ve heard, but she’s whipsmart and for the most part managed to avoid a lot of the drama. No spoilers, but there is one upcoming episode where she has a bit of a rough time but probably not any more so on the balance than any of the other contestants across the whole show.

2 Likes

Now then… what if Ms B wins MMPM - woah!

3 Likes

I’d be checking the small print. Imagine finding out that you’re actually the next Prime Minister!

3 Likes