Luxury Watch owners: what do you wear/motivation to buy?

Need to get luxury watch insurance in the marketplace

I rather like these. Not super luxury by any means, but I like the sense of not worrying particularly about the exact number of minutes past/to the hour - at least on the days I don’t have to-the-minute deadlines with clients.

Edit: if money was no object and I had a thicker wrist, the Omega “Moon watch” with the transparent back. Tried one on. Looked silly on my small wrist.

My daily driver

8 Likes

I own one watch at once. My current, a Rolex sub, never comes off and it appreciates every year! #timelessdesign #hulk

5 Likes

Maybe not as luxury as they once were, but I’m really enjoying my new (Kickstarted) Ikepod Duopod 008.

Would love to own one of their classic Horizon models one day.

1 Like

Ah, watches. The never ending rabbit hole :laughing: Short story: I wear an Omega Seamaster 300 (steel bracelet, not the nato strap 007 had in Spectre – I had the watch before Spectre) every day, but sometimes swap it out for my now almost 20 year old Omega Constellation. Longer story: I’ve bought both watches at significant times in my career. They’ve gone along with (rare, lolz) moments of ‘success’. I could keep buying ‘luxury’ watches forever if I had the money, which I don’t; so reward myself at key career moments. Since I bought the Seamaster (which I love for its simplicity) I’ve spent too much time reading Hodinkee (their quarterly magazine is a beautiful buy in itself) and have soooo many ideas. One day, should I find myself stinking rich (ha!) I would love an A Lange & Sohne. I would also invest in a high quality loupe at the same time, just to stare at the workmanship on the movement. Go ferret through the YouChoobs for a Watchfinder video on A Lange & Sohne and tell me it doesn’t make you want one
 :heart_eyes: I’d also really rather like a Zenith El Primero – because, 36000 vph. A chronograph which can do 1/10 of second? Mechanically? Smashing. I would also love anything with a perpetual calendar – probably back to Lange then. How amazing is it to fit a calendar that recognises the months correctly, without manual intervention, into a mechanical watch? Amazing engineering. I love anything with a good story behind – the history of manufacturers fascinates me.

2 Likes

That is beautiful! Simplicity, love it.

All this watch talk sent me back down the rabbit hole at the weekend. I’ve no idea how I ended up at Bremont, but I’m now lusting after this

1 Like

Guilty!

1 Like

After almost a month of research, you might have nailed it with Nomos. Also loving several of their other ranges.

1 Like

They remind me of MVMT watches in style.

Except MVMT are rip-off Chinese trash with a 50x markup :face_vomiting:

And don’t look good either. They’re very generic.

Whereas Nomos pieces have timeless Bauhaus elegance and in-house movements.

1 Like

I know nothing about watches haha! I was expecting to be wrong.

I have a Seagull watch (unashamedly Chinese). It keeps the time.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with (some) Chinese watches per se, but MVMT are an appalling abuse on some of the lower quality examples you can import for pennies. Do a quick YouTube search for MVMT :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really really like Richard Mille, however it’s out of my budget unless I win that Euro Millions lottery this Friday :blush:

On a serious note, most luxury watch is way out of my affordability by a long distance but here is some I’ll like: Rolex, AP, Richard Mille, Hublot and probably a Jacob & Co

But then again, every watch is designed to do one thing and that’s tell the time :tipping_hand_man:

So I thought I’ll draw my own RM :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I also found this from my baby cousins toy box if that counts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Some more inspiration @thebiglebowski 
 https://www.mrporter.com/journal/about-time/10-starter-watches-thatll-see-you-right/4934

1 Like

I’ve just set up a Pot to save for one of these:

They describe themselves as “affordable”, but that’s a relative term. They’re still asking over 500 quid for it.

3 Likes

They have decent watch designs. Solid ETA 251.294 Quartz movement in that watch. I think some of the way more expensive Tag Heuer’s ( amongst others ) still use this movement.

This is my expensive time piece :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like