Labs Feedback: Summary šŸ“Š

Hey Jorge,

Are you still experiencing the issue where a transfer is counting under Transfers and Starting Balance? If so, can you DM me your Monzo email address please? Then we can investigate. Thanks!

Thatā€™s the plan, for Direct Debits, and Online subscriptions like Spotify etc!

2 Likes

Hey! Thanks for checking back! I just checked and itā€™s been sorted!

1 Like

You canā€™t change your income to a weekly basis! It picks up wages but automatically sets it to monthly.

Genuine question. Do people actually get paid late? I thought most employers pay the day before any weekend or bank holiday.

1 Like

I think from some user research they found some people do, its a very small percentage of people but still I guess they need to cater for them too :slight_smile:

See here mate;

I used to work at a firm where money due Saturday or Bank Holiday Friday was paid the banking day before, money due Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday was paid the next banking day.

1 Like

The issue is that most people are paid early when their payday falls on a weekend/holiday. If they then want to budget from that early pay day, their next salary payment will be longer than a month away. So itā€™s not technically ā€˜lateā€™ but itā€™s further away in time than usual. We want to make sure people who want to budget payday-to-payday donā€™t get caught out by budgeting with too few days in mind.

4 Likes

I would love this!

I have the Monzo iOS app (version 1.9.34), and I currently have summary enabled.

What I just noticed is, when I first launch the app, the tab is titled ā€œSpendingā€, however after I tap it, it navigates to the Summary view, and at the same time, it changes to the correct title. Which then stays like that until I close the app again.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been assuming thatā€™s simply due to the ā€˜labsā€™ nature of the functionality since itā€™s effectively overloaded on top of the standard Spending screen at the moment. Doing a full integration at this point (so as to selectively change the name etc) doesnā€™t really make much sense to me since it will probably be wasted work in the long run when Summary is rolled out properly.

Hey @Jami - firstly just want to say how useful the Spending section has been to be this month. Although I budget by just leaving a small amount of money in my current account (to act as my day-to-day allowance) I have a habit of overspending near the end of the month. This month Iā€™ve been much more aware of how Iā€™m doing and have been keeping spending to a minimum in order to see the circle go green!

This has probably been mentioned a hundred times (so apologies if youā€™re repeating yourself) but is it possible to set a custom budget date even if youā€™re not paid on that day? Eg. I get paid the last working day of each month, but all my bills come out on the 1st, so I want to start budgeting from that day every month (even though thatā€™s not when Iā€™m paid). That way it also solves the problem of me getting paid different days every month, as Iā€™ll always start budgeting on the same day no matter what.

Leave everything alone and it will default to starting on the 1st of the month. Once youā€™ve changed it, however, you canā€™t currently go back again.

Ahh, ok - I set my pay day when I started using it this month, so probably wonā€™t move to the 1st now :confused: assuming a fix for this is on the way?

Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s been said further back up the thread, yes.

Fair enough, itā€™s hard to see all 657 posts.

1 Like

yeah, this thread has become a bit of a biggun!

3 Likes

I would also like this to be an option, I get paid weekly via BACS!

Going to switch this back off for now until it gets developed a bit more as even though it looks promisingā€¦ without targets and being paid weekly I seem to be loosing functionality rather than gaining any! (personal opinion - will check back later!)

I get paid weekly, but I budget for a month at a time. So I save 4 weeks worth of pay and then budget with that. However, this new summary just goes off of my account balance rather than my set target amount. So it says I have more money left to spend when I donā€™t.

Split the thread when you have a new version of Summary released?