We’re in the middle of rewriting the Spending analysis to make it better suited to current account usage, adding an understanding of Income, Planned Spending for bills, and money you set aside to save.
One of the challenges we have is deciding which time periods to split up your transactions into for analysis. We’ve explored a bunch of different ideas during our design process; but as most Sci-fi tells us, playing fast-and-loose with time can get very messy (why aren’t all months the same length?!).
Whilst offering total flexibility and customisation often sounds like it solves everyone’s problems, it can also add a lot of complexity that most people don’t need, and make it harder to ensure everything works reliably. We want to find the right balance.
Following Up from Zander’s poll last year, I’d like to get a bit more of a detailed refresh around when people get paid, and how often they have to pay bills.
Answering the following two (anonymous) questions will really help us work out how best to help people manage their cashflow.
When do you get paid?
- A fixed date every month (or closest weekday)
- The first/last/third/etc Friday (or other weekday) of the month
- Every week on a fixed weekday
- Every 2/3/4 weeks on a fixed weekday
- Multiple income sources at different times
- Whenever people pay my damn invoices
- Other (please elaborate!)
When are most of your bills paid?
- Other (please elaborate)