Known issues / bugs 🐛🐜🐞

I have successfully used Monzo with Just Eat

@alexbrooks I’ve never had any problems and I’ve used them a lot :sweat:

1 Like

Card declined at Fat Face. Chip and pin payment. Verifone keypad. Shows in app as a pending transaction, immediately followed by a payment to me. PIN was accepted fine, card declined after long attempt to authorise.

Monzo card worked in previous and next shop. Normal debit card worked in Fat Face.

1 Like

Admiral insurance refused to take the card. The lady on the phone said “the system won’t let me use that one”. No big deal though, used a different card instead.

1 Like

I’m seeing crashes in browsers when trying to access monzo.com. Google Chrome 56.0.2924.28 beta, Mozilla Firefox 50.1.0 and Vivaldi 1.2.490.39 on Fedora (Linux 4.8.13-100.fc23.x86_64) all crash.

Firefox dies without rendering anything, Chrome & Vivaldi both crash after about a second, giving the ‘Aww snap’ and ‘dead bird’ error pages respectively.

I’m not too sure what the root cause is, potentially some JS frontend framework (React, Angular? Not sure if you’re using either). The most info I can give is that Chrome Devtools’ timeline captures a large growth in the Heap before the crash:

This is what I get.

Had a couple of friends say Monzo me would not work on their mobiles. Not sure of all the details, but I sent the link via What’sApp. They clicked on the link and got a Monzo logo and just a blank page.

Worked fine for them on laptops. Sorry not to have more details.

1 Like

I also found Monzo.me displayed OK on my Android tablet but NOT on my Android mobile.

It displayed OK on my Windows 10 mobile and also on my desktop which is also running Windows 10.

I’ve just had Steam say that my card issuer refused the transaction, but the transaction appeared in the Monzo app as normal and I do have the games.

Probably a problem at the steam end, but worth a mention anyway.

Just received a text alert saying all payments are temporarily failing, but just for the sake of it I still tried moments later at my Tesco checkout. Contactless worked first time immediately. Could it be a false alarm?

1 Like

Do you have one of the original alpha cards? They have a tendency to go offline a lot. (Meaning any issues with Wirecard/GPS don’t affect your payments)

1 Like

A Mondo beta card. I’m sure I had GPS as I was in a built up area in Maidstone, a large town.

1 Like

It looks like Monzo initially assumed the worst when they posted the first message (I assume that they do this to manage user’s expectations) & then clarified that this was a smaller scale issue, once they had more information from their processor -

Screenshot from this page

I’m looking forward to next year when Monzo won’t be relying on this processor so they can pick up issues & analyse them much more quickly, rather than having to wait to be told what the problem is!

1 Like

Sorry, when I say “GPS”, I mean Global Processing Services, who seem to be involved in some way with Monzo’s card issuance.

I thought about booking flights or car rentals with my Monzo Card earlier, but thought I would miss the insurance that comes with my credit card. This is to me the main benefit of my credit card!

1 Like

I would never have guessed that acronym :laughing:

1 Like

It is good practice to always write out acronyms in full followed by the acronym in brackets the first time they are used in a post or document then just use the acronym in the rest of the post or document when you need to repeat it, that way everyone understands and it particular if there could be confusion over a meaning, e.g. if you think GPS means Georgian Philatelic Society but others assume it means Global Positioning System!

Is monzo.me payment rules similar to normal card top up, aka, no credit cards?

Yes, the limits are listed here :arrow_down: