Known issues / bugs 🐛🐜🐞

Sorry, when I say “GPS”, I mean Global Processing Services, who seem to be involved in some way with Monzo’s card issuance.

I thought about booking flights or car rentals with my Monzo Card earlier, but thought I would miss the insurance that comes with my credit card. This is to me the main benefit of my credit card!

1 Like

I would never have guessed that acronym :laughing:

1 Like

It is good practice to always write out acronyms in full followed by the acronym in brackets the first time they are used in a post or document then just use the acronym in the rest of the post or document when you need to repeat it, that way everyone understands and it particular if there could be confusion over a meaning, e.g. if you think GPS means Georgian Philatelic Society but others assume it means Global Positioning System!

Is monzo.me payment rules similar to normal card top up, aka, no credit cards?

Yes, the limits are listed here :arrow_down:

My Monzo card was declined when paying for shopping and requesting cash back from a self service check out in Morrisons (using chip and pin).
Strangely I got no notification via the app to tell me this.
When repeating the transaction without cash back, everything worked as expected.

@Brenno Monzo cards whilst in Prepay won’t support cash back. As soon as it’s a proper bank it won’t fail.

1 Like

Yep. sure! I’ll add this to our known bugs/ issues pinned post for starters and add to the FAQ’s on the website too :+1:

3 Likes

Hi Guys, Tried to use Monzo on Birmingham M6 Toll road, contactless didn’t work, not sure if putting the card into the toll booth would have worked as I switched to backup card.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, did you get an error message in the app at all?

nothing, the contactless reader just didn’t work, worked fine with my backup card though.

1 Like

I guess the terminal was offline then, in which case this won’t be an issue once the debit cards are available.

1 Like

Just an FYI - card not accepted at the parking payment terminals at Churchill Square in Brighton.

Thanks for sharing this, it is a known issue that’s related to prepaid cards (so it won’t be a problem soon, once Monzo launch their debit cards :tada:) -

Asda seeks authorisation for £99 before it dispenses fuel. The decline might just be because prepay isn’t designed to be accepted in unattended terminals though. I have had similar declines in unattended automated terminals even for low value transactions within my balance. (parking machines).
The current account debit card shouldn’t have these issues.

It is not to do with the value of the transaction but due to the category of card (prepay not debit) and that Monzo require online authorization in real time (rather than offline authorization in batch mode).

I just had contactless declined at Tesco, perhaps because I haven’t used the card for two weeks?

That’s definitely not the reason. :slight_smile: Did you get any message in the app?

1 Like

Nothing, just that it’s been declined, I had to use pin and then it worked… I wonder why?