Known Issues + Bugs iOS Specific 

• App Logout Issue (more information here )
  • Not strictly a bug, but as we are running 2 versions of the app simultaneously some users may see the classic waiting list screen, whilst others will see the invite 3 friends screen.

Related Posts

Spending tab not updating

Update: App Logout Issues

Cannot see my place in the queue

We’d appreciate you sharing any other issues and bugs you’ve encountered using the iOS app below :slightly_smiling_face:

The pinned post will be updated regularly :+1:

“Add receipt” does not prompt for a receipt from “Press for more” lock screen notification

1. View the Card tab
  2. Lock your iPhone
  3. Buy something
  4. Force touch “Press for more” on the lock screen notification
  5. Tap “Add receipt”

The Card tab is displayed. I expected to see the recent transaction in a mode ready to accept a receipt.

I’ve not had an opportunity to re-create this yet and might have got the wording wrong. From memory I think I tapped Spending then Home and at that point was prompted to add a receipt.

I’ll try to recreate this the next time I use my card.

I’m using app version 1.6.3 on iPhone 6S Plus iOS 10.

I tried again later today and couldn’t recreate the issue. I was correctly prompted with the add receipt feature.

I gotta hunch my last view of the Monzo app prior to this was on the Home tab.

Downloaded the app on my iPad and referred some people, but not showing the countdown number until I receive my card or that I referred someone.

Is the app displaying the countdown number now?

If not, this will be the reason

Hi thanks I just read the thread you mentioned, yes its exactly the same screen. Not changing, but not too worried about it now that I know it’s a bug, will keep referring and just wait for a notification/email.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re aware, but the ‘stuck on invite screen’ issue still persists.

Bit of a shame that the app appears to freeze/crash on the invite screen like this given that the welcome email states “If you haven’t already, download the Monzo app now to see where you are in the waiting list”.

I’m now wishing I’d taken Tom up on his offer of taking a card directly from him at this morning’s FSF conference!

Should I delete and reinstall the app?

@coleman Hey! At the moment we are running two different waiting list screens simultaneously as a test. This means that some people can see their place in the queue whilst others just see the ‘Invite Friends’ screen. If you can only see this, you are still moving up the queue it’s just your queue place won’t be visible and the screen won’t change until you reach the top! It’s not ideal we know and it’s not something we’re definitely sticking with. We need to take another look at the welcome e-mail wording in particular as this could cause some confusion. Happy to find out your queue place if you want you direct message me with your registration e-mail?

3 Likes

Touch ID issue. There is a short delay between opening the app and the ‘Touch ID for monzo’ box appearing. If my finger is on the sensor during that period Touch ID fails and try again will fail until the app is closed and restarted.

I know I’m a dinosaur, using iPhone 5S on whatever iOS 10 is current.

After setting a target and hitting ‘done’ in the top right, you are returned to the spending screen but the white translucent loading overlay doesn’t disappear and the progress icon doesn’t change.

You need to close/reopen the app to be able to use it.

iOS 10.3.1
iPhone 5s
Monzo 1.9.5 #315

1 Like

Sometimes when I receive a payment from a friend with Monzo, it doesn’t display their name and has “P2P” followed by a mixture of letters and numbers? It happened twice in the past 2 weeks.

iOS 10.3.2
iPhone 6s
Monzo 1.9.9

1 Like

This one is a known server side issue. Let us know using in-app chat and we can resync the payment to your feed to fix it.

2 Likes

iOS 11.0.2 iPhone 8. When I tap on Active card check notifications (both the banners and the entry within the app), the app crashes

iOS 11.1 beta. I received a payment from another Monzo user on Wednesday, and it was displayed correctly at first (name of sender, the note he added…). Since then it changed and the transaction is now shown as “P2P: p2p_00009PPk81O19xg…” and seems to be classed as a top-up.

This one is a backend bug, rather than anything to do with iOS. If you drop a note in support chat, we can fix that payment. :+1:

1 Like

A couple things I thought I’d report.

1. Maybe not so much a bug but performance/UX, I’m using the v1.9.18 b342 from TestFlight (blue background current account) and am finding the application much slower. For example switching tabs can take multiple seconds. I’m using a iPhone 6 and the old versions of the app felt a lot more responsive.

2. Also I’ve been getting thrown to the login screen quite a lot of times I open the application. I have to force kill the app and try multiple times before it remembers I’m logged in. (I’ve reported this on an old thread where it also use to be an issue).

A minor but slightly annoying for my OCD bug:

On a narrow iPhone (iPhone SE) with a Current Account, when tapping on the Account tab, it displays my balance, Current Account, Monzo card, PIN, Freeze and Settings aligned to the right until you swipe right to the “Create Pot” screen and back again. I would expect them to always be centered

Device: iPhone SE
App: Monzo 1.9.19 #353

Haha and it’s fixed already in 1.9.20 - that was quick work :wink:

Not sure if this is exactly the right place to report it, but I’m getting frequent (90% of transactions) crashes of the iOS app, since current account switching and re-installing app. Every notification coming through, for payments both incoming and outgoing, I open up, Touch ID into the app and it usually app crashes before loading the transaction. Re-opening the app seems to be fine each time after.

v 1.9.21
iOS 11.1.2
iPhone 7 Plus

1 Like

I’m having exactly the same problem. I upgraded my prepaid to CA and experienced some issues. Then advised to clean install and reset session which helped solving basic issues but now every time an incoming transfer or spending notification comes through app crashes. Perhaps something to do with my FaceID login method? Every time this happens, I have to restart the app and then it works fine!

I’m using:

Monzo iOS 1.9.21
On iPhone X
iOS 11.2