Kicked out of the app after downloading an update

Howdy Monzo folks,

I downloaded Mondo/Monzo update from the App Store last night whilst out and about in London town; as soon as I downloaded the update I could no longer access my app (*and therefore, had no visibility of my balance). Then I was asked to ‘Create a New Account’ - when I bypassed this page to Login, it keeps kicking me back to holding page telling me ‘You’ve reached the top of the waiting list’. What’s going on folks?

Also, I’ve just gone through the process of signing up and it’s asking me to top up another £100 when I have existing balance left on the account. Again, what’s going on folks?

Does the resolution from this post solve your second issue?

sounds like you have already used the app and were updating it and have a balance on your card, which you have used previously with your card which worked previously (?) have you tried deleting the app switching your phone off and on and then reloading the app logging on with your correct email address and then making sure the email Monzo sends you hasn’t been sent to your junk mail box

Howdy Alex,

Welcome to our own bug fix stream - ha!

I’ve just typed in my Mondo Card details (*as I don’t have a Monzo branded card as yet) like the post suggested and it says that “You are topping-up your Monzo card, so you need to use a different card” - I don’t think this is going to solve our issue. Let’s see what else is suggested.

I’ve done all those steps this morning Ian - still the same result.

in which case I would email - help@getmondo.co.uk and explain what happened

Will do Ian - in the meantime, I have balance on my Monzo account that I don’t have visibility of and therefore cannot use. Is there anywhere of getting an update on the balance at least?

I think you can get an up to date balance from the API along with your transaction history

Right - now I’m really annoyed. I progressed with the £100 top-up in the hope that it would return me to my original app and it’s just sent me a notification that it would pull through to my original app and it’s just taken £100 and told me my card is on its way! DO NOT ADD ANY MONEY FOLKS!

just email the help address and it will be sorted out for you :wink: the API can show you your balance - https://monzo.com/docs/#balance

Are you definitely signing in to the app with the same email address that you signed up with? This is how Mondo matches up the accounts…

I certainly am Alex :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do I use this Ian - I’ve clicked on the link and the page seems inactive?

https://developers.getmondo.co.uk type in your registered email address for your account and then follow the link sent to your email - click on show balance - click on send - will show your current balance in red - bear in mind the amounts are in pennies :wink:

1 Like

you might - when you eventually get back in to your account - subscribe to these SMS updates which will tell you when Monzo are having problems with their technology :wink: which might explain any current problems

https://mondo.statuspage.io

Take a look at this which may help