Just finished printing this little guy

3DACAB1E-FCA8-4C20-8C2D-3DD23E6DA6FD

68 Likes

He’s so greyscale… did Chip move back in time to black and white era? How about hot coral Chip? How big it is, banana for scale could be helpful. :thinking:

I’m also quite sure you could make a business out of it… :smiley:

I totally love it too. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I wonder if you could paint it?

1 Like

This is simply brilliant.

4 Likes

I want one! (blah blah character limit)

3 Likes

Yeah you could paint him it’s just regular PLA. He stands 12.5cm high from base to the very top. The card is about the height of a monzo card

6BB91F99-EF58-477C-9934-A525AE69CA57

8 Likes

Love it. Want one!
How much?

4 Likes

This :arrow_up: :pray:

1 Like

ÂŁ49.99 + P&P

I’ll send you my monzo.me link and you gimme the delivery deets :eyes:

Looks badass!!! How long did it take to print? :slight_smile:

You’re making me want the CAD drawing and a 3D printer now… :joy:

About 1hr30 at 0.2 layer height. Here is a quick time lapse

5 Likes

Man that is so awesome and loving the 3d print time-lapse, just find watching something printed in 3d weirdly joyful XD

thats really cool!!!

That is excellent! I did milling in my apprenticeship and have also done some cnc milling, but I take my hat off to you, that is superb!

This is incredible :astonished:

3D printing is unbelievably cool.

Now there’s a fitting paperweight for all us alpha/beta testers!

1 Like

Version 2 idea… :wink:

Make Chip hollow, and slightly larger than a Monzo card, then use him as storage for the older versions of Monzo/Mondo cards :joy:

4 Likes

How much would it cost to commission one of these little guys from you?

3 Likes

If Monzo were happy for me to sell them to cover the costs of material and shipping etc it would be £9 inc postage in the UK. I’d need to buy a new roll of filament and there are quite a few different colors from your standard red green blue white black silver bronze/gold grey pink and magenta. You can also spray it with a primer and then choose some funky spray paints if you wanted too. Below is a sample of the pink magenta bronze and silver

pla

8 Likes

Count me in.
Not sure who’d give the OK on this. I’m guessing first port of call would be @tristan but I genuinely don’t know.

4 Likes