Joint account without merging credit scores?

How strange - Nothing to do with Plus or anything?

To my knowledge, my joint account has never been reported!

Shouldn’t be Plus - your card number changes if you order a new Plus card, but the account number remains the same and the Plus ‘flag’ goes against your user profile.

I know, I was just trying to think of a reason why something would appear and then disappear.

If it was a joint account, I’d hazard a guess that if it ever appeared, it would stay there.

Perhaps it was an accident with Plus accounts (the timeline would add up), and they accidentally reported it as a second account?

Complete guess of course, but it fits in with the timeline.

Why must you “take on everything of each others, not pick and choose”, this seems such outdated nonsense about moving forward with your relationship as if you need to do this to progress or you’ll be a social reject. A bit like you must get married, then when are you having kids and so on.

Yes you should obviously help each other in life, but it doesn’t matter diddly squat to a relationship if you use a joint account or have separate bank accounts.

We should also be encouraging people and businesses like Monzo to challenge the this is how it’s always been in banking deal with it attitude.

/ grumble over :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Easy, easy we’re all friends here :smile:.

I take your point and no I wasn’t meaning to insinuate combining credit scores equals progress to relationship lvl.3. :joy:

Joining in something (banking, instructing legals services or anything whereby you become an entity) where any party can call the shots for the both of you has to have its shared benefits and consequences. To me it is empowering to share my rewards and problems with my girlfriend (and vice versa).

But perhaps that just my preference of taking responsibility for what we do as an equal couple :man_shrugging:t2:

(p.s no grumbles here :smiley:)

3 Likes