Joint account without merging credit scores?

Just to add any joint finance does any future credit applications will be based on the both credit accounts.

If one is good and one is bad, the bad one will reduce the credit worthiness of the good but lift the creditworthiness of the bad.

That screenshot isn’t Monzo though, it’s their rival.

1 Like

They do have location based security in setting and privacy, whether it works the same with Fraud not sure :wink:

:thinking: are you talking Monzo, I can toggle Magstripe and gambling it doesn’t have any fine control. :android:

Starling, all the things

Yes it’s under settings and privacy, like I said not sure if it covers the card or not for fraud

Sorry @Mutchy4082 I feel like I’ve hijacked your OP. I agree I would like an option of linking accounts with trusted people and selecting who is responsible.

Are you on iOS?

Yes

Yeah Android is completely different

F9FB2CB8-6F5C-4698-AE7C-0E50AF095B5E

Don’t know though if that will help with card fraud

Yeah for some reason Android just gets Payments with friends :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Back on topic, if you guys are living together then you’d also be associated on the credit files, obviously on rent agreement/mortgage etc

Have had the joint account for a while now and we both have no association on our credit files. This may change in the future if an overdraft is offered for joint accounts.

1 Like

Which credit report is that with? Monzo only reports to Credit Karma so that’s the only one it would show up at.

Credit Karma shows I have Monzo accounts (Personal and Joint) but there are no ties to MrsW in the credit report for the Joint Account - because there is no overdraft and therefore no credit has been offered to us via this account.

The mortgage we have does list the other party in each credit report because this is credit

1 Like

Sounds like Monzo really did the bare minimum credit reporting.

Not showing on Noddle/Credit Karma.
I keep tabs on both CK and Equifax via Experian and Clearscore

Congrats to the OP for getting to that stage in your relationship :partying_face:.

As others have covered “that’s just how it is in banking”. I think if you want to continue to move forward in your relationship you must take on everything of each others, not pick and choose :relieved: perhaps solve your other halves financial issues before joining at the hip. It will make you all happier to solve the root problem :blush::rocket:

3 Likes

Does it actually report your joint?

Mine isn’t showing up, and I haven’t seen anything suggesting Monzo now report them?

Not that it would change much, but would be nice to know when they did!

1 Like

Just had a look. Only the Personal account is being reported, which is strange because when I looked a few weeks ago there were 2 Monzo accounts reported and their start dates were correct (they are radically different). What a mystery!

1 Like