iTunes

Ok… I think we’ve all got something from iTunes at some point however when I try to buy something on iTunes they take £1 from my CA then immediately put it back in, then invoice me the correct amount a few days later… this causes 2 transactions to appear in my list which is incredibly annoying for my OCD and seems pretty pointless…
Can this £1 in / out not be hidden from view as I’m sure I’m not the only one that this happens too?

Thanks
Dan

This is an active card check. It used to take days to return the money so its a starter that it is now instant. Monzo just need to remove them like they have for Amazon.

1 Like

I would love the ability to mark a refund against the original so they zero each other out and can be hidden from the feed as well

1 Like

iTunes started batching charges recently it seems. I used to always get charged the exact amount of my purchase every time, but now it seems like when you buy a song/app they “check” your card with 1£ and then charge the full amount a few days later.

Revolut do this automatically with refunds and it then gives you the option to hide the transaction so I’m sure Monzo could easily implement this idea in the future.

IMG_0048

1 Like

Same here, seems to do an active check before every purchase recently! Would be nice to hide it :slight_smile:

I agree, in my view once an active card check has been completed, both feed items should be obliterated to the shadow realm!

No. I want to see EEEEEEEEVERYTHING happening with my bank account.

I’m done with opaque banking thanks.

4 Likes

It should show, but have the option to dismiss, like other active card checks

Someone will no doubt correct me if I’m wrong, but ironically Apple uses pretty old tech to check your card is current and active. They do an “authorisation hold” which takes and later refunds a small amount, rather than an “active card check” which doesn’t take anything from your account.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen the iTunes billing logic is quite legacy actually, it hasn’t changed much since the early days of the iPhone so that’s probably why.

No. Not everyone.

If you have used Nokia Symbian, Windows, BlackBerry and now Android you may have never entered the realm of Apple products and services, and while iTunes may be usable outside the Apple realm why would any Android user in their right mind want to help a competitor OS!?

1 Like

Following that logic Apple users shouldn’t use Google services, which obviously does not sound quite right. Everyone is free to use whatever they like and I have no intention of closing my Gmail account just because you think my behaviour is bonkers. :crazy_face:

I’ve had iTunes purchases long before iOS and android were a thing… :wink:

6 Likes

Agreed! I have some very old iTunes music store purchases. However none of it is anything I’d want to listen to anymore :slight_smile:

I don’t have an account. I even have a (work) Macbook but no Apple account (no need).

1 Like

It’s been like that since day 1 of iTunes for me with 79p songs.

Presumably it is getting updates through an MDM service such as Jamf Pro? Home users definitely need an Apple ID.

Correct :slight_smile:

Didn’t know home users needed Apple ID, that is annoying.

2 Likes