Issues with Monzo Current account. Stuck at verifying details for 3 weeks now

Hurray!

App is now working.

Just waiting for card to arrive now.

1 Like

Good Good

I’ve signed up with Monzo a couple of weeks ago and i’m having the same issue. I’ve deleted and re downloaded the app with out any change and there is no option to move away from the verification pending page. I’ve also emailed and not had much luck, surely there has to be a way to get this sorted after a couple of weeks.

Hi Alice,

Email is the way to go here, it can take a few days to get a reply, try calling them up too.

0800 802 1281

Hey, I’m having the same problem with the app stuck on Veryfying account information for over 48 hours now.
I have tried to re download the app

Can anyone help ?

You could read the previous posts and take the actions which have already been suggested.

You can email Monzo at help@monzo.com

I emailed at help@monzo.com but unfortunately no response.

Email is the slowest way of getting in touch with Monzo because they focus all their resource on in app chat.

Unfortunately you’ll just have to be patient and I’m sure they’ll get back to you as soon as they can.

You can also try calling them too.

Yet.

Hi there ! My Monzo app is stuck on upgrade your account. I clicked on the button to do so at the bottom and filled in details but now it is back to that screen and won’t let me click anything and has been like that for a few days. Can you help please? Thanks!

What are you upgrading your account to? Monzo Plus?

I haven’t had the current account; I only had the initial card but want to get the current account so upgrading to that!

@alwils & @Ahmedali

Did you get sorted eventually…?

By initial card do you mean the pre-paid card? This was phased out a long time ago.

Yes I do. I didn’t want a current account at the time but now would like one!

I believe the ability to upgrade yourself is no longer allowed because it has been soooo long since they removed pre-paid cards.

You will need to contact Monzo via phone or email.

I’m not sure you’ll still be able to upgrade as that was while the prepaid card was still available. I would suggest uninstalling the Monzo app, reinstalling the latest version from the App Store / Google Play and see if it now lets you sign up for a current account as if you were a new customer.

I assume there is no money on the prepaid account? I thought they were all closed after a certain amount of time if not upgraded to the current account.

The prepaid ended in April 2018!

As has been suggested, your best bet is to open a new current account, it won’t be possible to upgrade from prepaid any longer.

1 Like

Hi, even I’m stuck at verifying information for more than 48 hours now, no response through email.
Can someone help out?

Not on here they can’t because we’re all customers.

To be fair 48hrs isn’t long if they need to do additional checks - especially after a weekend too. I’d give it a little while longer before calling or emailing them :slight_smile:

1 Like