iOS calendar app and Facebook events

I wonder if someone from the wonderful Monzo community can help.

My subscribed Facebook calendar in the iOS Calendar app is no longer updating

I remember getting a message or notification about this but can’t find it or for the life of me remember where I saw it. I thought “I’ll do that later” but never did.

I’ve spent ages searching the web but all I can find is how to add Facebook event manually to the iOS calendar rather than subscribing and it then adding automatically.

Does anyone know how to update the subscribed calendar to get it syncing again?

Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

You’ve probably been signed out of Facebook in the iOS settings. Go to your Settings app and search for Facebook. There should be an option to sign in.

Thanks, but I’m afraid not. It’s has this server address which may be what needed updating when I received the notification:
www.facebook.com/ical/u.php?uid=100003959921680&key=AQATvC0hAenhNQ7z

Try removing and re adding Facebook

1 Like

You need to get the .ics feed via the Facebook desktop site. Go into the events tab, and at the bottom on the right side you’ll find the ‘Upcoming events’ feed link.

I just tried copying that link on my desktop and pasting it into my calendar app on my phone (I use Fantastical) and it added all my events. The FB page says it’ll stay updated but probably best you check by joining a new event and checking your calendar after a while to see if it’s synced.

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 01.39.18

2 Likes

This is the answer I found when I googled, and it worked for me.

1 Like

Thank you, that worked. I was trying to do it on my phone and couldn’t but the desktop version was what I needed. Appreciate your help :slightly_smiling_face: