[iOS] After a credit card account has been unlocked the balance fails to update (Barclaycard)

Issue:

Recently I accidentally locked my account when using the Barclaycard portal due to me forgetting the login for it.

Now I have a direct debit set up so I wasn’t really that worried that I couldn’t log in.

After the DD was paid I wanted to go change it so I was paying a bit more each month. So eventually, I unlocked my account and logged back in.

Now whilst my account was locked and the DD went through I noticed that the balance hadn’t been updated inside of the Monzo, which makes sense why would it?

So when I eventually sorted my account out I was curious and went back to the Monzo app and I saw that the balance hadn’t updated. I waited a few days and it still hadn’t been updated.

Details to reproduce:

Now I’m not entirely sure with the best way to replicate this as I’m not sure if at the time of DD going in effected it or not. So there are two flows that I can think of.

1. Lock your Barclaycard account due to incorrect details being submitted trying to log in
  2. Unlock your Barclaycard account
  3. Change your balance of your Barclaycard
  4. Wait a day or two and see that the balance is updated on the provider’s side but not inside the Monzo app

or

1. Lock your Barclaycard account due to incorrect details being submitted trying to log in
  2. Wait for the direct debit to go through to change the balance
  3. Unlock your Barclaycard account
  4. Wait a day or two and see that the balance is updated on the provider’s side but not inside the Monzo app

Device: iPhone XS Max
App Version: 2.61.0

Nothing will happen with this due to Open Banking being launched mid September and the way you connect changes see forum post

Connected credit cards

1 Like

Ah well, it looks like it’s changing next month then!