Invite only: We're announcing our new name *next week*

Imagine if people got this excited about Lloyds or Barclays branding.

Was this always part of the plan, or has this been surprising to Mondo staff?

1 Like

It’s live again! Here: https://attending.io/events/new-mondo

1 Like

Am I right in thinking you don’t get an email when you sign up to attend?

@tomsr Very Very good question…I think as a “millennial”(just about in that age bracket) things are reverting back to how it was when being loyal actually meant something and :mondo: has encapsulated (as you can tell my favorite word today) the feel of being part something bigger, you can feel it by being on this forum or talking to the support team and how quickly they get back to you.

For me a big thing is connecting with your consumers, banks like Lloyd’s and Barclays pay marketing analysis companies big money to tell them what the consumer wants. for instance the blue rewards stunt :poop:
The best way to do this is just ask people what they want from the companies product, not a 3rd party data gatherer.

Being able to see though marketing is a gift of the technologically inclined as we look to user reviews and word of mouth to make a decision. not what a company tells us.

The fantastic thing about :mondo: is that that its open, I mean everything is open (even how the bank makes money). yes of course there are some inner workings that are kept but only for security reasons, name me another company which is so transparent (not the ones that say it but don’t actually show anything).

For me I love to know how things work and for my bank to help me to be financially smarter without me having to tell them that that’s what they should be doing as a place that holds my money.

For the people here (like if you agree) i don’t think :mondo: has to pay anyone to advertise why they are good, if ppl have great experiences with something they will always look for someone to tell. As you won’t just get users, you get followers and there is a difference between the two;
user
noun
plural noun: users
a person who uses or operates something.
“the user should press return and a message will be displayed”
&
follower
noun
plural noun: followers
a person who supports and admires a particular person or set of ideas.

When a Company becomes “A Brand” it has followers and In this age, a Bank that deals with something as vital as holding peoples incomes you need followers as they are more loyal than users (i.e I occasionally have to use Barclays - don’t like them - my wife was with them so i changed my bank as to send payments easily between us and to have a joint account) as they are sharers in your company vision.

That for me is the beauty of :mondo:

6 Likes

Yeah I was wondering that, I’ve signed up but have no invite or confirmation…?

Hold on. THERE ARE STICKERS!!! @bailey how do I get my hands on these as they look fab and I would love one/two/three.

1 Like

@bailey You opened up a can of worms… @tristan now you gotta add stickers to your list :joy:

1 Like

@Thundercloud @asheng @bailey when you guysewd used Attending.io to sign up you can log in to the website using what ever sign-in method you used to check please see pics below:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

I’m struggling too - I can’t find my confirmation anywhere. I signed up yesterday with email, so I can’t log into attending.io. Probably just having a dense Friday…

look up tom :point_up_2:

Hey @ickm - I followed that, but no option to sign in as I signed up with email (not FB, Twitter or LinkedIn).

1 Like

@bailey the link doesn’t reply with an email just tested it…would that mean you have to have a social login??

1 Like

Does that mean that you will have to issue new cards to everyone?

Nope. But any new cards will likely have tge new name.

New cards should get the new branding. Existing cards won’t be replaced until current accounts launch early 2017 (minus lost/stolen/broken card replacements of course).

I just signed up via email and never received the confirmation email either. Is there a way someone can confirm if I have a ticket or not?

Thanks

Sure thing - I’ll be emailing all attendees this morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shame. I’d have loved to come but am testing my Mondo in Greece all this week. Can’t wait to see the new name!

Any update on when you’ll be a fully fledged bank? Excited for the day.

With the euro and pound 1-1 at many (extortionate) ATMs, my non-charging Mondo card is proving a blessing.

1 Like

Check this post from the blog. Gives a good overview of what’s happening along those lines.
https://getmondo.co.uk/blog/2016/08/15/launching-the-bank/
To answer the question specifically though:

we’re currently aiming to launch a full current account in Q1 or Q2 of 2017.

Got my confirmation, thanks @bailey. See you all there!

1 Like

Any chance of another ticket? I also realised I work literally a minute away in the AlphaBeta building. :sunglasses: