Investors flair here on the forum šŸš€

Testingā€¦

Can you add me to the group?

Testing 123

I only now joined Monzo forum - can you please add me to the group?

:confused:
In your opinion the crowd funding round was conducted fairly.
In my opinion you should have counted all potential investors, and then used this number to calculate the maximum amount people were allowed to invest.
Having the honour of a investor badge on your name is now as worthless as having the words lottery winner next to your name. It was just a dice roll
Iā€™m gutted you allowed one community member to donate Ā£1000 instead of one hundred members donate Ā£10.
I was pretty active in the forum and attended a few monzo office feedback sessions bit my forum status reamains pretty basic. Boo

5 Likes

ā€¦ and then when the Beta period finishes newcomers will complain that they canā€™t get Alpha/Beta badges?

Even if :monzo: had taken your suggestion into consideration and allowed each member to put in a tenner there is an amount/goal that they would be prepared to raise in return for equity - instead of one person youā€™d increase the number of investors lets say by your reckoning 100. The likelihood of that covering absolutely everyone who wanted to invest is still pretty low Iā€™d imagine.

Subjectively itā€™s worth nothing to yourself however Iā€™d imagine that opinion would change if you had a chance to invest yourself? Maybe wait a while for them to explore more avenues to allow more people to invest as you may find yourself swallowing those words. :wink: Hopefully everyone who wants to will get a chance to invest, good luck with any future rounds :+1:

3 Likes

It would be great if they could do another crowdfund right now at the same price but just for Ā£10 / 10 shares per person. Even if 100,000 people took them up on it - it would still only raise Ā£1m and i think still be within the eu rules for funding without a prospectus.

Those who think Ā£10 investment is a waste of time - Tom recently speculated (in alexā€™s bank collaboration link) that he thinks there is an opportunity for a $500bn marketplace bank. If monzo became that bank Ā£10 today would be worth Ā£30000 at that Googley valuation. And if they went bankrupt you would lose just Ā£10, so a good bet imho :sunglasses:

It would be a really good marketing excercise, but i suspect they are still traumatised from the last two rounds to be getting back on that wagon anytime soon :anguished:

3 Likes

First post. Iā€™m an investor as well. Just created an account because I was curious as to what ā€œperksā€ we might get. :smiley:
So far so goodā€¦

1 Like

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this request but how do I get added to the ā€œInvestorsā€ group? I donā€™t appear to have been added manually despite investing and having the same email address for both Monzo / CrowdCube.

Thanks!

Just testing as Iā€™ve only just signed up here.

Contact one of the members of staff @Naji might be able to help

Thanks Josh. Forgive the silly question but how do I contact them? Do I just tag them to a post as you did? I want to make sure I engage in the correct way and donā€™t appear rude :grin:

Best bet would be to go to their profile (click on where Iā€™ve tagged them ) and then click on message. This will send them a private message where they can verify your investment and get it added.
Any questions just ask :slightly_smiling_face:

Testing as this is my first post!

1 Like

First post on the investor trainā€¦ testingā€¦

Rather than posting here (& bumping this topic each time) you can check whether youā€™ve been made part of the Investors group, from your profile -

You can view that page by going to your user accountā€™s preferences page.

5 Likes

Hello. I have just joined the forum (although i have been using monzo for loooong time. Could I please be added to the Investors group (iā€™m one of them :wink: )

Cheers Marcin

1 Like

Same here! Long time user, Joined recently. Could I also be added please? Sorry for bumping the topic!

1 Like

I have invested in the crowdcube round, using the same Gmail address as I am using on the forum now. But still no badge?
How can I make sure I am on the investor list for the current account launch? Thanks

1 Like

I think itā€™ll update eventually - I got in touch with customer support!

1 Like