Invest in Monzo: Launching Our Crowdfunding!

I’m not sure that’s going to be the case this time - the campaign says you have 48 hours to finalise your investment after the 14th March deadline.

1 Like

So the new investor card will still be coral color? I remember there were talks to have a different color for new investor cards, something more sleek like the original design.

I’m trying to understand how this investment scheme works.
Can you make a hypothetical example based on a 1000£ investment?
How much of the company would I own?
How would my return/capital growth be calculated and paid out?

Does Crowdcube have a long signup process with different verification steps or can I pledge, wait to get approved (if I am lucky) and then sign up to invest?

@NotMyName @CharlesFried

Tom has explained Monzo’s growth so far & what share of the company you would be purchasing, if you invest £1,000 or £100 -

2 Likes

@doutatsu Yep I’m pretty sure we’ll be sticking with coral for now :thinking: We’ll update here if anything changes.

This is true, so in the case that anyone who is picked from the ballot decides not to go ahead, we can select other pledges and offer other people the opportunity as quickly as possible after the deadline. It’s likely we may have to do this a couple of times to reach the whole 2.5 million.

You don’t need to set up Crowdcube account until you know if you’ve been approved or not. Makes sense actually! :slightly_smiling_face:

this link (posted earlier in the thread by alex) suggests the shares in this round are worth just over a pound so for £1000 you would get just under 1000

1 Like

As the pledge is non-binding I was wondering if that means that I can pledge £200 and if I would get approval on the 14th I could invest only £100 or even £300?

presumably that would depend if they got their full pledge or were short or over subscribed :slight_smile: I would pledge what you want to invest

So you mean I could go lower but I could only go higher if they short on investors or if people have decided not to invest?

1 Like

in theory I would suppose that yes but I don’t really see them being short of investors

Potentially, but we’d encourage you to invest what you pledged if approved, to keep things fair :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Based on money counter so far, it looks like Monzo users will pledge over the limit. :smiley: It does make me a bit sad.

I’d be surprised if the pledge counter didn’t top £10m before it’s closed. I expect Monzo could have raised the entire £22.5m from the crowd if they’d chosen to.

2 Likes

I signed up :sunglasses:

Will Alpha users, who initially missed out on the 96second funding, be given priority to invest? (after the lucky ones who got through in the first place!)

You can modify the amount that you’ve pledged in the app too.

|235.5x250

1 Like

No, we’re starting with a fresh slate this time round Connor! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

whoa - just got back on my laptop and the total pledged has gone up over £750K after a 30min drive :slight_smile: by that should only take another 20 minutes to reach the target :slight_smile:

1 Like