Introducing the new Monzo Plus

Looks heaps better than the previous offerings. I signed up.

Would still definitely want Amex and Virgin Money on board with the other accounts.

I’d also like the feature that Curve has for connecting your cards, where you can select the design of the card displayed in-app. I’ve got multiple products with HSBC, and all the accounts have the same red card in Monzo now, so it’s hard to tell them apart at a glance.

15 Likes

Too late now, I’ve signed up :see_no_evil:

I read somewhere that it can’t be paid from a pot either? Otherwise that may be a workaround?

Thanks for the reply though!

2 Likes

Has anyone got any experiences of interrogating their transactions with Google Sheets?

I like Excel and am comfortable using it (one of the perils of my work) but have never had the urge or time to set up and update a dashboard / graphs / analysis for my personal finances, particularly using new spreadsheet software.

The idea of setting something up and it auto-updating appeals, in the absence of analysis being baked into the app itself.

Anyone use this currently eg with IFTTT?

My pay date is the 15th, so you’re basically on to a winner by releasing today as it means it falls in line with my other payments :sweat_smile: SMART MOVE

2 Likes

Yes, it will do.

1 Like

Set a scheduled withdrawal from a pot into the main account for £5 every 16th of the month and it has the same effect.

Paid from pot does that automatically.

2 Likes

We’re hoping to do this for connected current accounts! :soon:

11 Likes

£5 a month to see my credit card in Monzo? that feature alone is worth it!

2 Likes

It’s really nice to get the £10 off even if I no longer have the old Plus. It convinced me to sign up for the initial 3 months

Is it normal that the app shows my Barclaycard as just “Barclays”? Also, the name of the card disappears after refreshing

Edit: it looks like this:

3 Likes

Looks like we’ve lost the star on our personal details screen for monzo plus :frowning:

I know this is a small thing, but I thoguht there’d be a holographic version or something!

4 Likes

I do!

Happy to answer any questions.

Interesting! Does Capital One not let you select more than one account when linking the account? Or is it that they give you a separate login for each card?

Thanks! :blush:

How about this one; is the old card still valid?

It’s £5 per month, if you had plus previously it’s free for 2 months. Minimum contract length is 3 months.

1 Like

To get new monzo plus you have to come off beta version of app and install the App Store version before taking the plunge a flaw

I wish there was a way to show the available balance rather than the actual balance for the credit cards. Also sad not to see Metro Bank.

Half regretting signing up but hope someone from Monzo can reply and let me know if either or both are planned.

I wish the advanced roundups worked in a way which left your main balance as a round number. Anything beyond 1x seems to not do that.

1 Like

Our launch is going exactly as planned…

28 Likes

Just signed up as an ex Plus user. Personally, the feature set is quite interesting to me - especially having other accounts in the same interface. Getting an easy overview of my money across my various accounts was always painful, switching between apps and authenticating in slightly different ways each time. Being able to easily “pull” money from external accounts is a great addition too!

Virtual cards are something I’ve always wanted to be able to do more easily than having to find a buy a pre-paid card. I was aware of the mechanism for generating these “cards” but until now it’s been in the hands of corporate users exclusively.

One thing that could have done with a bit more explaination is the “Advanced Roundups” - being able to double your roundup is cool - but until I actually got to the Edit screen on a pot I had no idea this was what that feature meant.

Like the custom categories and splitting transactions. It would be cool if you could add one of the splits to a tab, or split it. For example, I go shopping and get a weekly shop, but also some things for myself - being able to split the bill into (for example) “shared groceries” and “personal care”, then adding only the shared groceries to a tab would be awesome.

Oh and it would be useful to assign labels to external accounts. e.g. an external personal account, and an external joint account, appear as two current accounts and the only distinguishing factor is the account number on the card illustration

I, for one, don’t mind paying a little extra for advanced features like this - without them, you still have a great product. My expectation would be that over time, some of the features might end up being deployed for everyone, not just Plus, and that new features will be added that are Plus only.

4 Likes

May i suggest the virtual card can be shown on the main page with monzo card and linked cards rather than hidden away on the plus page? would be great, the UI is beautiful i have to say, just needs some insurance features and you are golden

2 Likes

Virtual cards have been worth the asking price for me. I’ve been using them for pretty much all purchases since lockdown. Mostly so that I don’t have to get up and find my wallet to get card details :joy:

31 Likes