Introducing the new Monzo Plus

Yep, that’s exactly how it works! Just pay for all your subscriptions on a virtual card and if you lose your physical card, the subscription payments will just keep going through on the virtual card :slightly_smiling_face: .

12 Likes

Not yet it seems. Per @richardcadman comment above it suggests only personal account funding for now and now tweaks otherwise

I would love for virtual apply pay cards too.

Some of the things I use Pots and IFTTT for could be entirely managed by that alone. (Though appreciate the extra work)

Are there any limits to how many Virtual Cards? :eyes:

3 Likes

Are there any limits to how many Virtual Cards? :eyes:

You can have five at any time, but if you close one, you can open a new one.

4 Likes

We include the investor tag on the back, along with the rest of the details.

I’ll see if anyone on the team can share a picture…

25 Likes

And If I cancel one what happens when a payment is attempted? Assume rejected rather than just taken from the current account?

Yea, I’d imagine - as it’s treated just like a normal card. ie. isn’t valid.

No metal card yet then :eyes:

1 Like

Any chance the google sheet could import all your history too?

And next question. Sorry…

Is there a limit to custom categories?

1 Like

I think this looks great, so congrats all!

I don’t think it’s quite for me, sadly as I do all my spending from my credit cards and keep very little money in Monzo.

The interest on account balance means I might sign up for three months and keep some money here to try the virtual cards. Also, account aggregation will be worth it for me once it supports Amex.

It’s a bit of a shame that joint accounts aren’t supported as for the above reason my Joint Account is used much more

Also, does the early release mean no dance-off? @tjvr

2 Likes

Looking forward to trying the new Plus out, I was one of the early adopters.

I’ll judge new plus on new plus (no preconceptions) all I ask is that this time, please don’t release it, then months down the line have a pivot and close off the features again. I can’t wait to see what you’ll do with it :slight_smile:

What happend to those already using connected credit cards? That used to be a free feature that is now paid.

Yes, it’s [checks notes] …fifty. Mostly because the UI gets unwieldy if you have that many :sweat_smile:

And again, that’s at any one time, so you can archive one to make a new one.

7 Likes

You’ll get this option when you first connect!

3 Likes

I’ll be trying this out, the special offer is good. But really hope the AMEX integration comes soon then I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

No option for Plus on the latest testflight?

Guessing we need to download the normal app from the App Store?

PS great launch :tada: well done all

Yep :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yeppers. Shift back to the main app for now.

1 Like

Yup, looks like 3.41.1 didn’t go to TestFlight :+1:

3 Likes