Introducing our new Junior Community Manager: Yen 🎉

Hey everyone! :wave:

Today we’re very excited to introduce a new member of the Marketing and Community team here at Monzo.

Say hello to… @yen! She’s joining us as a Junior Community Manager, helping out with things here on the forum, the Developer’s Slack, and at our community events :raised_hands:

unnamed

Let’s all give her a warm Monzo Community welcome :clap:

37 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m really excited to be joining the Community team at Monzo, and I’m looking forward to getting to know many of you over the coming months – whether through the forum, at events, or DevSlack :grin:

I’ve been using Monzo since last summer, and in that time I’ve been amazed at the wealth of knowledge, constructive debate, and positivity that the forum contains. The forum has been a real resource to me in the past and I hope I’m now able to contribute something in return.

I just moved over to London on the weekend from Oxford, where I’ve been living and studying English literature for the past two years. My first week at Monzo has been a real whirlwind, and I’m looking forward to settling into the city and getting to know it better in weeks and months to come.

32 Likes

Welcome @yen

2 Likes

We’re so excited to have you join us Yen!

5 Likes

giphy-downsized

4 Likes

Hey Yen, welcome!

2 Likes

Hello!!! Looking forward to seeing you pop up around the place :slight_smile: :wave:

Before you get too settled in, what’s your opinion on Pineapple pizzas? :pizza:

2 Likes

Welcome @yen, I hope you find the community a great place and enjoy your new role at Monzo! :star_struck:

2 Likes

What’s your favourite book? :nerd_face::books:

1 Like

Welcome @yen - so glad to have you here! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hi Yen!

Blink twice if Richard made you watch Shrek on your first day.

Blink three times if it’s everyday.

2 Likes

Welcome @yen

5 Likes

Welcome Yen! We look forward to seeing you about the forum :heart:

1 Like

Welcome! :wave: Always nice to see a new face around :blush:

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone! :relaxed:

Now to the important questions:

I wouldn’t say I’m a pineapple pizza aficionado, but I’m definitely not anti. I read someone in one of the Staff Q&As saying that they find pineapple pizzas highly reminiscent of childhood, which I agree with. Probably not my first choice, but I can definitely get down with it.

That’s a hard one! I would say the majority of what I read is contemporary fiction, and my favourite books are probably Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan novels (fun fact: I became so obsessed with Ferrante that I now speak Italian, though increasingly poorly from disuse!). But I love all sorts of books, new and old, and theatre as well, if you want to place that under “books.”

@cookywook did not make me watch Shrek on my first day, but this was entirely unnecessary in any case because I think I saw that movie at least 30 times between the period of 2001-2004!

5 Likes

Hi @yen!

Will you be at the next open office? I’ll say hello if so :slight_smile:

Liam

1 Like

Welcome @yen :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hello! :wave:

1 Like

3 Likes

I just want to say a Quick Welcome.

1 Like