Introduce yourself 👋

It happens, but in some cases we wait until the card is activated physically before allowing full access.

1 Like

Showing a generic error message was not the out-of-box user experience I would have expected Cannot create account "Something's gone wrong..." .

I was hoping to just get a “pending” while things were pending. To be honest I was also surprised that it took more than 4 hours to be “approved” on the Support forums as a new user too, that indicates to me at least that someone had other fires to fight (London city clearly did on Tuesday, but that’s another matter I hope.)

But I’m 100% happy that all things linked up once I got past that “broken” approval pending screen.

My message was due to the card, not the issue opening the app.

Seems there’s a few having the same issue, likely to be resolved in good time.

:crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

This isn’t a support forum, it’s a community. Whilst lots of us do know some things and will try and help, staff interaction is few and far between. Carlo ^^ is probably the most active, but he isn’t “working” on here.

If you need help, go to the help section in the app and search for “Contact”

3 Likes

Just to be clear, these aren’t support forums. Monzo always ask you to get in touch through the app primarily. We’re mostly customers just like you.

Edit: Beaten to it by seconds! :laughing:

LOL. Cool. I’m not one for reading the fine print too much. I spent enough time reading the banking required terms and conditions. My Monzo account is just for a bit of small spending, and learn about using digital banking the way it should be done. And so far it is good fun.

6 Likes

Hello Kolok,

Sorry for the super late response haha. I forgot to come back, busy with other things!

Yes Server/Network Infrastructure. Was an on premise job and was a bit stagnant and behind the times. Wanted something thats keeping up with the times.

I just got a DevOps job and I start soon!

7 Likes

Big congrats!

1 Like

Thanks Peter!

1 Like

Hey everyone! Recently joined this community. Been using Monzo for years and it is by far my favourite bank (new&old - I have a few other accounts and Monzo has just been amazing all around)

I’m a Software Engineer and Musician. I’m looking forward to bringing more of my ideas to the table! (Already suggested a few on twitter, and realised here is the better place for bigger+longer ideas :slightly_smiling_face:)

Just waiting on my first post to get approved - Idea for a Communal Pot that anyone can easily join and take max £X out a day (e.g £20). Basically UBI (Universal Basic Income) until we get UBI. Anyone wouldbe able to pay in, and anyone take out (including easily setting up a Monzo account - e.g. for those without a job or fixed address. I’ve heard back on Twitter that there is something along those lines already). Okay going way off topic here, I’ll wait for the Ideas thread :sweat_smile:

Motivation is to fix homelessness and poverty and food banks and cost of living and yeah, quite high up on my priority list of ideas that one :heart:

Cheers!
Nik

6 Likes

Hi, My name is Maria and I am going on a holiday next week to Bahrain. Does any one know how much do you get charged when using the moonzo there?

Thank you

1 Like

You won’t be charged anything by monzo. ATM providers and merchants may charge, but monzo doesn’t charge fees using abroad.

2 Likes