Introduce yourself 👋

Hello all.

Bit of a late poster here but I’m Kieran and I’m a proud Business Monzonaught.

I’ve been working for Monzo since April 2021 and love every second of it.

I’m my spare time I like gaming (PS5) anything tech (big time Apple geek) and looking after my many, many pets (feel free to ask)

Anyway, nice to meet you all and looking forward to getting to know you all.

12 Likes

What’s your favourite animal?

1 Like

Ooh that’s a tough one.

I think my all time favourite, partly because I used to have a pet one, will be a Goose. They make amazing guard dogs for the garden and are so cute when the give cuddles :joy:

3 Likes

Ok I like u. Welcome!

How many pets do you have? What kind? Where are the photos!?

Have you AirTagged any of them like I have? :grin:

1 Like

:yum: hi names Graham under guise of Gramandy. Here to suss out any Caribbean use of Monzo.

3 Likes

Hi :wave: I’m Jon, been a Monzo user since early 2016 (still got my Mondo Beta card somewhere) but only ever used this community/forum as a guest. I work in IT at the moment but I’m going back to uni in September to finish a degree I dropped out of a few years ago, very excited!

4 Likes

Hi Jon, welcome to the community :wave:

I did the same thing many years ago - best thing I ever did because it led directly to my dream job :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s fantastic! That’s the plan for me too, current job was a hobby turned career but it’s never been my dream job.

3 Likes

Hi Graham and Jon! :wave:

2 Likes

Hi! :wave: Nice to see somebody (semi) local on here

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome :hugs:

Sadly none are Airtagged but that is such a good idea :thinking:

So, brace yourself. When I told my squad about my pets, they were shocked.

2 Miniature horses - Rocky & Maria

2 ex polo horses - Ruby & Teazer

2 rabbits - Dinky (Grey& White) & Binky (White)

1 Cat - Princess

1 Dog - Teddy

1 Cockatiel - Twinkle

1 Bearded Dragon - Toothless

4 chickens - Cher, Britney, Peep & Bluebell
2 ducks - Drake & Lucky
1 Hamster - Melon
These have all somehow avoided the camera but will try and get one soon :smile:

Feel free to ask more :grin:

10 Likes

Hello John here

2 Likes

Hi John & welcome :wave:

Enjoy the forum!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Hey All, I just joined, excited to contribute! :grinning:

5 Likes

Hi @BruceLee :martial_arts_uniform: :ninja: @ welcome :wave:

Great to have you here - contribute away!

1 Like

Phew it’s a heatwave so instead of doing work. I’m shopping. When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.

I’m just the average bloke, heard all the fuss and decided to create an account. It took 5 minutes and while waiting for my account to finish approval, the app blew up on me. So I had to try again half a day later. That was a bit of a downer. But seems to be working now. And I just made my first transfer, linked the account to another bank, and I think I just bought my first item, even before I have a card.

4 Likes

Welcome! :wave:

Did you add to ApplePay/GPay before the card arrived? Wasn’t sure that was still happening.

It happens, but in some cases we wait until the card is activated physically before allowing full access.

1 Like

Showing a generic error message was not the out-of-box user experience I would have expected Cannot create account "Something's gone wrong..." .

I was hoping to just get a “pending” while things were pending. To be honest I was also surprised that it took more than 4 hours to be “approved” on the Support forums as a new user too, that indicates to me at least that someone had other fires to fight (London city clearly did on Tuesday, but that’s another matter I hope.)

But I’m 100% happy that all things linked up once I got past that “broken” approval pending screen.