✅ Integration with Amex

Hey , hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your post here where there’s existing talks about American Express intergration. Feel free to carry on the discussion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh agree 100% I have mentioned this before on the community. It’ll be great, similar to how Google Pay have integrated it, but building into the Monzo Summary (and Pots!) will be ideal.

I’m never clear if this is the sort of thing Monzo actually want to do or not.

Clearly they’re not fussed at keeping all of our money within their own borders (see interest bearing pots), but does that extend to tracking spending on other accounts where they’ll get no income?

2 Likes

I think spending data is quite valuable, especially if it feeds into Marketplace referrals.

Hence why Barclays and HSBC do it now.

1 Like

On the contrary, having them automatically maintain a pot (by tracking transactions) that I can use to pay off my Amex charge card at the end of the month would mean I’m more inclined to have my income deposited with Monzo.

I guess there’s no reason it has to be Amex specific - something that could track transactions from other providers and move money around/between pots would be useful generically. At least, I think so!

(…and yes, IFTTT is a thing, but I think it’s far more likely Monzo will integrate with Amex than Amex integrating with IFTTT!)

5 Likes

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

19 Likes

Love this idea!

Monzo’s proposition would be invaluable to me if they looked at solving these sorts of use cases. Multiple connected entities working seamlessly together will beat any single platform trying to one-up another any day IMO.

1 Like

I saw that and thought it was real for a moment. Had a mini heart attack xD :sweat_smile:

This is exactly how I use my Amex with pots. I would LOVE this.

1 Like

I’d actually get an AmEx card if this happened. To replace my Halifax credit card. I’m fed up with how awkward it is to see how much I’ve spent on it and how much is due when. And that’s with a DD setup. :man_facepalming:

This please!!

Do we think that Amex would be up for anything like this? Have they done anything similar / had partnerships with banks before?

I was looking for this the other day and couldn’t find it! Thanks for sharing again :raised_hands:t3:

Ultimately it could work like any aggregation app but monzo just move the funds. Not sure if they’d need agreements from Amex.

2 Likes

Just wait for the first aggregator that becomes a payment initiation service provider and you’ll get this.

I would love this too, and the mockup looks great, exactly how I would like it to be implemented.

1 Like

Another one chiming in to say I would LOVE this feature!

3 Likes

I like it!
With other banks now showing the accounts of other providers inside their services, hopefully this idea isn’t completely wishful thinking :crossed_fingers:
Only issue being there doesn’t seem to be tons and tons of people wanting it but we can hope!!

1 Like

Completely agree.

I was thinking about this yesterday - that essentially, it’s hard to take full advantage of Analytics within the Monzo app given that I tend to spend day-to-day on AMEX. As such all I see is that I’ve spent £xxx per month on AMEX without being able to break down exactly where that cash has gone.

At the moment, I’m resigned to using a third party app like Emma to be able to do this, but would love to do this all within the same app.

6 Likes

Hey,

I’ve made a tool that monitors my AMEX transactions and moves the value of each transaction from my current account to a Monzo savings pot automatically. Is there any other tool like this or does anybody else need something like this?

It’s very barebones but I wanted to check if members of the community would be willing to pay for a product like this (until Monzo inevitably makes this a native free solution). I imagine I would need to charge between £1 and £2 per month in order to recoup my costs and make some sort of profit, but it may not be worth the interest the average user gets from the savings pot.

Thanks

6 Likes